Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Edward Jones still not working

I still cannot get EJ to connect-OL-332-A error. EJ support cannot figure it out either. The password is correct and works on web login. I have tried all the steps from applicable discussions on this forum. Anyone else still having this problem??

Quicken: 27.1.27.42
Win 10 latest version

Best Answer

Answers

• splasher,

Thank you so much. I have so little trouble with the VPN I forget about it. Works fine so far with it turned off and following your steps. One would think EJ support would know about that since they have implemented such a convoluted quicken login procedure. Again, thanks.
  • Hi - I have been getting the OL-332-A for several days with Edward Jones. I have not changed my password, and it works fine for EJ site access. It's strange, at the end of OSU, it shows the error and displays a modal box asking if I have changed the password recently, and gives the option of selecting NO (try update again) or YES, continue troubleshooting. I choose NO, and it grinds away for 30-60 seconds, and announces success. I am not using a VPN. It's very annoying, any ideas?
    Quicken 2020 Deluxe - Subscription - Windows 8.1
  • Did you log on to EJ first? I quote splasher--

The way it is supposed to work, is that logging into the website tells EJ what your IP address is and that Quicken connecting with that IP is okay.

I don't know, but it appears that EJ resets over night, so you have to do this each time before trying to log on with quicken. Anyway, my process is:

1-VPN off.
    2-Log on to EJ website and stay logged on.
    3-Run OSU from quicken.
    4-Now log off and close all.

I tried it just now and it worked fine.
    So far, this has worked every time for me, but I won't hold my breath.
    If yours doesn't work, try again tomorrow after EJ resets over night. Then start fresh by first logging on to website as above. Good luck.
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    I don't have a static IP address with my ISP, but it rarely changes.
    I don't routinely log in to the EJ website, but that has not stopped Q from connecting/downloading from EJ on a daily basis.
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  Subscription  -  Win10
    -also older versions as needed for testing
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
This discussion has been closed.