Financial Institution User Agreement

Does a financial institution have to sign or agree to a specific User Agreement to implement Direct Connect?

Best Answer

Answers

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Financial institutions do have to sign up with Quicken and pay a fee to implement Direct Connect.
  • strikeline
    strikeline Member
    Is there a user agreement? And in that agreement, does the institution agree to let Quicken have rights to share data with partners? My credit union says they won’t implement Direct Connect because Quicken gets access to member data. Is this true?
  • volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭

Terms of Use for Subscription versions

https://www.quicken.com/terms-of-use

Quicken License Agreements - older versions

https://www.quicken.com/support/eula 

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quicken doesn't use any of the personal financial information associated with Direct Connect:

• strikeline
    strikeline Member
    I understand the user agreement for individual users. What I'd like to know, is not for individual users, but for institutions - banks, credit unions, etc. Is there a user agreement for them? What do they have to agree to in order to implement Direct Connect on their end?
    "They have to sign up with Quicken and pay a fee." What do they get for that fee? What are the contract/license terms?
    Why would my credit union say "We chose not to use Quicken Direct Connect because it sells information on our members to third parties"?
  • strikeline
    strikeline Member
    Are these boards monitored by Quicken staff? Does anyone know a contact or e-mail that I can request to see the institutional EULA or contract?
  • strikeline
    strikeline Member
    Never mind... I just sent a note to the "Office of the President" from Quicken's main page. We'll see if I get a response.
    <sigh> I've used Quicken and Quicken Bill Pay for years. I would hate to not be able to pay bills directly out of Quicken with the change to Quicken Bill Manager.
This discussion has been closed.