Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

HSBC UK bank accounts

This discussion was created from comments split from: Is there problem with linking to HSBC UK accounts?.

Comments

• starrynights9
    starrynights9 Member ✭✭
    edited August 2020
    Quicken desktop subscrip user- H&B edition- Windows 10.

I recently tried connecting HSBC UK accounts into Quicken:
    1. current ac (aka Checking ac) and 2. Credit card ac.

Tip # 1) when Quicken Desktop asks you for the HSBC UK online banking password, you should give your "digital secure key password" and not your actual "online banking password". Silly, but that's how it worked for me.

Tip # 2) be prepared to have to "generate numeric access code" 2-3 times in the process (from your HSBC UK mobile app or from HSBC hardware).

Still, with all that, 2-3 problems:
    A) Quicken bank feed then got the correct "current balances" BUT filed to download any history of transactions.
    Quicken support said HSBC UK mustn't be capable of sending historic transactions; but that is wrong -- because I was VERY easily able to download historic feed for multiple months on another competing software[Removed]
    B) Despite "multi-currency support" being on, it shows all in USD (i.e. with 1:1 FX conversion).
    C) actual (new / current) transactions from the bank are failing to download as well.

Any help appreciated! This bank ac is key to me continuing to use Quicken.
  • mark303
    mark303 Member ✭✭
    Any news? My HSBC UK accounts were linked but while they continued to download the current balance each day, it stopped downloading transactions in February 2020.

Now it won't even download the balances. The last date the balances downloaded was on 22 December 2020.

I think this all has to do with GDPR and PSD regulations in the UK. Quicken was using Quicken Connect (the Intuit service used in Mint). For a while I could get everything in Mint (balances and transactions). Then I started to just get balances and no transactions (just like it Quicken). Now nothing. I put in an error report in Mint and they replied that they can no longer support HSBC UK due to regulatory issues.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2
    In theory Quicken only supports US account (Quicken Windows US) and Canadian (Quicken Windows Canadian) accounts.

The very fact that you can connect to an UK account is "border line".  As in I think it is because HSBC has US accounts, and somehow the UK accounts are visible through the US connection.  As such there really isn't any support for what you are doing.
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/