Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Can I use Quicken Premier 2011 and Quicken 2013 on separate computers with same information

I'm using Quicken 2011 Premier on my desktop PC. I just bought a new laptop and have Quicken 2013 on a USB drive.

Can I load Q2013 on the laptop, add info, back it up and then restore on desktop PC. In other words, are the programs interchangeable?
(The issue is...I do have the original disk for the Q2011 Program; however, I cannot use it with the new laptop, as there is no optical drive.

Best Answers

Answers

• Jeff300
    Jeff300 Member
    Thank you Volvogirl. That's a great idea...I really appreciate your help.
    I didn't want to do anything until I rolled it by the community and I'm glad you answered, as you've help me in the past. If I recall correctly, didn't you indicate that you were using Q2013 and staying with it verses the one line versions?
    Again, thank you :)
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quicken Subscription is still a desktop program. The online features are optional.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    Jeff300 said:
    I'm using Quicken 2011 Premier on my desktop PC. I just bought a new laptop and have Quicken 2013 on a USB drive.
    You say you have Q 2013 on your USB -
    Just to clarify, do you mean the Q 2013 install EXE ?
    Also - you say you have Q 2011 Premiere....
    do you also have Q 2013 Premiere on the USB.... or Q 2013 Deluxe, or ??

Quicken 2020 Deluxe - Subscription - Windows 10
  • Jeff300
    Jeff300 Member
    Q2011 Premier on original disk.
    Q2013 Deluxe on USB
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    Jeff300 said:
    Q2011 Premier on original disk.
    Q2013 Deluxe on USB
    And - you are aware that you will lose some of the Q Premier reporting aspects if you downgrade to the Deluxe version.... - just fewer enhanced reporting.

Quicken 2020 Deluxe - Subscription - Windows 10
This discussion has been closed.