Problem with Q 2020 Release R28.10

August 10, 2020

I am currently using Windows 7 to run Quicken.
My account verifies that my level of Quicken is "Premier".

I recently received and installed an update to Quicken 2020 R28.10

Since then, I have had to sign-in to my Quicken account at least three (3) times in the last five (5) days. This is unusual.

Furthermore, when Quicken starts, it wants to sign me into the "Home, Business & Rental Property" level. I may not know for certain, but this seems to indicate a problem on your end.

Steve Furse

Comments

• Hello @sfurse3

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. That is quite odd. I'm wondering if the program is think you're not signed in and that's why it's repeatedly asking. Lets see if we're able to get it to behave better if we sign out and sign in again.

1. Across the top select Edit > Preferences > Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts
    2. On the right you'll see Sign in as a different user. Type Yes to confirm signout.
    3. Sign back in using your quicken ID and password. 

Once you've done this continue to monitor it and see if we're still having issues with the repeated asking. If you're still having issues we'll see what our next step is. Let us know how it goes!

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    Every installation of Quicken is capable of being any edition, Starter thru H&B, the subscription determines which edition is activated.
    Go to Edit->Preferences->Quicken Id and either login or login in as a different user using your current Quicken Id (QID) to establish which QID is associated with your installation.
    When first installed and before you login the first time, Quicken will show H&B in the top banner until the subscription is authenticated.
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  Subscription  -  Win10
    -also older versions as needed for testing
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
  • K109
    K109 Member ✭✭
    Having the same issue. Quicken Premier R28.10
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    @K109 - Did you try the solution suggested above?
    (QW Premier Subscription: R33.24 on Windows 10)
  • K109
    K109 Member ✭✭
    On Sunday, it asked me to log in and then the program was left hanging perpetually. I force closed the program and tried the recommended solutions at the time (hold the control key while starting the program) and it crashed every time I tried to open it, so I could not even get to a screen to log in or out. I had to completely uninstall and reinstall the program and it worked the rest of the day and Monday. Tuesday morning, it continually asked for the log in and would again hang. It changed from Premier to the Home, Business and Rental property. After closing the dialog several times, it shut down the whole program. I tried to restart and it pulled up a different login screen, which I was able to successfully log in to. I did a file validate today at the recommendation of other threads, so for today, it is ok. I do not anticipate this to continue, though, as several people seem to have the problem almost daily now. I have only had this issue since installing the latest update.
  • miklk
    miklk SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    In addition to the above sign out and back in, I would install the Mondo Patch which overwrites existing install. 

https://www.quicken.com/support/update-and-patch-20182019-release-quicken-windows-subscription-product

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    K109 said:
    On Sunday, it asked me to log in and then the program was left hanging perpetually. I force closed the program and tried the recommended solutions at the time (hold the control key while starting the program) and it crashed every time I tried to open it, so I could not even get to a screen to log in or out. I had to completely uninstall and reinstall the program and it worked the rest of the day and Monday. Tuesday morning, it continually asked for the log in and would again hang. It changed from Premier to the Home, Business and Rental property. After closing the dialog several times, it shut down the whole program. I tried to restart and it pulled up a different login screen, which I was able to successfully log in to. I did a file validate today at the recommendation of other threads, so for today, it is ok. I do not anticipate this to continue, though, as several people seem to have the problem almost daily now. I have only had this issue since installing the latest update.
    Yes or No?  Did you do the "sign in as different user" as suggested by two of us above?  The fact that your installation is reverting to H&B indicates it is losing the login/subscription information.
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  Subscription  -  Win10
    -also older versions as needed for testing
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
  • K109
    K109 Member ✭✭
    As described above, I was able to successfully log in this morning and it is currently working, so I did not "sign in as different user." The next time it happens, I will try this as an option.
  • sfurse3
    sfurse3 Member
    Thank You to everyone who has contributed. I have not been able to respond due to real-life issues and emergencies. I do not want to be more specific than that, please understand.

I have not yet tried the sign-out, sign-in approach, but I will when I can spare the few minutes time. However, the glitch has come up again since I first asked my question. When I get the time I will use your advice and suggestions.

However, I think that for the long-term, Quicken, Inc. needs to look at how little glitches can mess up someone's use of the software. If I have difficulty signing-in, then how can I get the benefit of the software.

Again, thank you all.

Steve Furse
  • sfurse3
    sfurse3 Member
    It is happening again. Since my last message I have signed-out, then signed

back in to my Quicken account, updated again to Quicken - Premier 2020 R28.16, Build 27.1.28.16 and today I got the

Quicken Sign-In page. And I get "Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property"

on the Title Bar of the desktop program.

When Quicken split off from Intuit, there was a problem with excessive sign-in demands from the program. That problem got settled down eventually.

But now, here it is again. Yes, I need my personal finance program to be secure, yes indeed. But this is ridiculous. Absolute security would come with pencil and paper. Or maybe just keeping my cash under the mattress.

Please fix this.

Steve Furse
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    sfurse3 said:
    It is happening again. Since my last message I have signed-out, then signed

back in to my Quicken account, updated again to Quicken - Premier 2020 R28.16, Build 27.1.28.16 and today I got the

Quicken Sign-In page. And I get "Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property"

on the Title Bar of the desktop program.

When Quicken split off from Intuit, there was a problem with excessive sign-in demands from the program. That problem got settled down eventually.

But now, here it is again. Yes, I need my personal finance program to be secure, yes indeed. But this is ridiculous. Absolute security would come with pencil and paper. Or maybe just keeping my cash under the mattress.

Please fix this.

Steve Furse
    Are you still experiencing this issue?
    If so, do you have Mobile & Web turned on?  If so, turn it off.

Then Sign In As A Different user.  Use your current Quicken ID and PW to sign back in.
    Others have reported that this eliminated their issue and when they then turned Mobile & Web back on the problem did not come back.
    Also, there is a hot fix (R28.18) that is available today that is supposed to fix some of the issues with R28.16.  If you want to, you can try downloading and installing the Mondo Patch Update to see if it fixes your issue:  https://www.quicken.com/support/update-and-patch-20182019-release-quicken-windows-subscription-product.
    (QW Premier Subscription: R33.24 on Windows 10)
This discussion has been closed.