Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

U.S. Bank transactions not downloading.

I have a checking account at U.S. Bank. When One-Step Update ran today, the summary says "2 accounts updated, 1 new transaction," but nothing downloaded. This is a recurring problem. The second account is a line of credit account not causing any problems. From the U.S. Bank website, I can select the "download transactions" option, choose "open in Quicken Windows" and the transactions show up in the Quicken U.S. Bank checking account register. They will not, however, download through one-step update. I have tried resetting the account in Quicken without success. This is only an issue with U.S. Bank. Any suggestions?

Best Answer

Answers

• 381design
    381design Member
    I'm having the same issue. I did try deactivating and then reactivating the account and it didn't solve the issue. Is there something else to try?
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @381design,

I suggest that you try updating just that one account, rather than using One Step Update.  Other users have had success with that approach.

Frankx

Quicken H&B-Subscription - Ver. R29.20 - Build 27.1.29.20  - Windows 10 Home - Ver. 2004
                                             - - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -
  • wrnoof
    wrnoof Member ✭✭
    Deactivating/activating the problem account worked this time. Had tried it before w/o success but worked this time.
  • 381design
    381design Member
    I've tried the deactivate process 2 times. No luck. Any other ideas.
  • wrnoof
    wrnoof Member ✭✭
    Sorry. After my fix, I stopped working on it. 
  • Quicken Hugh
    Quicken Hugh Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    @381design
    I know you've tried twice already, but lets see if we can get it resolved with you.
    Please try to following:
    Tools > Account List
    On the row for account in question, click the Edit button.
    In the pop-up box, click on the Online Services tab > click the blue text to Deactivate.

Then go back to the General tab of the pop-up box >

Delete the Financial Institution name and Account number from the data entry fields in the upper right of the pop-up box. Click OK.
    (We're trying to force Quicken to completely forget it ever knew how to contact the Financial Institution for this account.) 
    Close the Quicken software.

Re-open the Quicken software.
    Reactivating a Deactivated Account
    Tools > Account List
    On the row for account in question, click the Edit button.
    In the pop-up box, click on the Online Services tab > click the blue text Set up Now >  and complete the set up process, then LINK carefully so as to not ADD a duplicate account in Quicken.

Do you have hidden accounts at this FI? (Have you confirmed that the hidden accounts are not trying to download transactions?) Are there any error messages at all? If so, exactly what does the error message say?
    If need be, you are always welcome to contact support directly for additional help.

This discussion has been closed.