Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Verizon Visa Credit Card

Hello, I just go the Verizon Visa Credit Card and when setting up to download, receive the message: "Sorry, we encountered and error. (It's not your fault)". I go to call the number that is shown, 1-800-643-0997 and it is for Citibank. This card is issued though Synchrony Bank. Has anyone found a way to set up this card so transactions can be downloaded? Thanks
Tagged:

Best Answers

Answers

• [email protected] 

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I was taking a look and noticed that I was also getting a similar error when trying to put in fake credentials. In this case I do recommend contacting Quicken Support via chat or phone. They'll likely need to collect logs and take a look to see exactly is going on. I'll also list our hours down below so you can find a time that works best for you.

Once you get a chance to contact support let us know how it goes!

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

Quicken Phone Support Current Hours of Operation:

Monday through Friday

5:00 am to 5:00 pm PDT

Quicken Chat Support Current Hours of Operation:

Monday through Sunday

5:00 am to 5:00 pm PDT

• Quicken Diana
    Quicken Diana Moderator, Employee mod

Hello @ Adrienne

Thank you for posting in the Community today, though I’m sorry that you are experiencing this issue with the Synchrony Card.

We do have a current alert for Synchrony Branded Cards having difficulty linking to Quicken. To help us resolve this issue, in the Quicken program, please go to Help > Report a problem. In the "Subject" data entry field, please enter the title "SYNCHRONY". Please also include a description of your exact pathway and any error messages you received.

Please send in the Connlog.txt, CONNOLD.txt, OFXLOG.txt, QCSLog.txt and SyncLog.txt (preselected by default) files so that we may more quickly diagnose the exact problem and implement a fix as soon as possible.

Thank you

- Quicken Diana

• Adrienne
    Adrienne Member ✭✭
    Sent the report to Quicken. Hope it helps.
  • bnvmorrow
    bnvmorrow Member
    I opened a case on this about a month ago and nothing has happened. The case is: 7810955

I have made several follow-ups and I have no confidence that this is being worked. Sample comments from Quicken's helpless desk:

"I reviewed the Ticket and the issue with Synchrony is still ongoing and is in the process of being resolved."

"We are working to diagnose the exact problem and implement a fix as soon as possible."
  • jkilling
    jkilling Member ✭✭
    I am having the same problem and can not add my verizon card to my quicken account. I have called Verizon and they said they quicken is a 3rd party program and I need to contact them to resolve the issue. When I contacted quicken support I was told to wait 48 hours and try again, which did not work. What do I need to do to get the verizon visa working.
  • SeanCNV
    SeanCNV Member ✭✭
    I'm willing to bet it's an issue of Synchrony Bank not talking to Quicken. Although the Verizon card's rewards are good and it's a free card, the whole user experience for this Verizon card to me has been bizzare. When you login to the website it looks like Synchrony is using some sort of user interface from the early 2000's, that is different from other Synchrony cards i've had. Then the App is odd and clunky, and to view your rewards you have to login to the Verizon site, there's no way to track rewards real time through the actual credit card account.

Based on all of that, I'm willing to bet this issue is on Verizon or Synchrony, not Quicken. I've just been manually downloading the transactions once a week, which is a pain.

That being said, I think the workflow for these types of issues is that when enough people contact Quicken, they will reach out to the institution to tell them that something is not working with their customers connections, and then it's on the bank to work with Quicken to fix it.
  • Adrienne
    Adrienne Member ✭✭
    Quicken Diana - any updates on this?
  • jkilling
    jkilling Member ✭✭
    If the issue is with Verizon or Synchrony Bank what can we do to get the issue fixed? I spoke with Verizon Card and they were very clear that they do not fix problems with Quicken. I would guess the only way to get them to help is if Quicken reached out to them.
  • Adrienne
    Adrienne Member ✭✭
    Quicken...I do see something that could be causing the issue. Can someone check it out? When going to set-up online, Quicken is pointing to the www.synchronybank.com website. This site does not have Verizon Visa. I am thinking that the website Quicken should be pointing to is https://verizonvisacard.syf.com. At least it is better than when it was pointing to Citicard. :smile:
  • Neil@
    [email protected] Member ✭✭
    edited August 2020
    I'm having the same problem. I called Quicken tech support... no help. He said it is probably on the Synchrony side, that probably the bank has yet to open their system for third party apps. [Removed]
  • bnvmorrow
    bnvmorrow Member
    I suggest you complain on the Synchrony's facebook page.

A couple of months ago, I obtained a Verizon VISA card that is managed by Synchrony. Unlike any other credit card I have(e.g., Capital One), I cannot use Quicken to download my transactions. What is odd is that other Synchrony cards seem to work with Quicken. It is not a Quicken defect and according to Quicken, Synchrony has not been responsive to addressing this issue with Quicken.

Why is Synchrony not being cooperative?
  • Adrienne
    Adrienne Member ✭✭
    Chatting with Verizon Visa, I have been told the follow: 1) they still do not have an option for auto downloads to Quicken. and 2) Currently, we still do not have any updates as to when it will be offered for Verizon Visa card. But we will surely send communications once it becomes available.

The representative said that he will pass it on.

I don't post to Facebook (long story there). However, as someone suggested, it might be a good idea.
  • User
    User Member
    What is definitely Quicken's issue is having the wrong information. Better to indicate Verizon Visa not supported than have the wrong information. Creates confusion among Quicken users. Also are the login and password that we enter when trying to connect to verizon visa being sent to a company that should not receive them?
  • So there is no way get automatic downloads of Verizon Visa transactions into quickenDeluxe r28.24?
  • Adrienne
    Adrienne Member ✭✭
    Hi. You can download from the Verizon Visa site. That is what I have been doing.
  • Rsta
    Rsta Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    This is so ridiculous. Like everyone else, I complained to Verizon and spoke to 2 representatives who insist that they have nothing to do with Quicken or their mistaken URL for access. [Removed-Rant/Off Topic]
  • Misterbill
    Misterbill Member ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I had submitted a new post when I noticed a few days ago but I guess it never got approved. I was not aware of this thread, just the one that was closed. Anyway, at least it's resolved.
  • Adrienne
    Adrienne Member ✭✭
    Hi jkilling. Mine still has www.https://www.synchronybank.com. What did you do to get this to work?
  • jkilling
    jkilling Member ✭✭
    edited September 2020
    I did not do anything. One day I noticed that there were two verizon visa cars on the bank list, and one had the correct URL. It took about another week for the one with the correct URL to work and then the old one disappeared from the bank list. I am using Quicken for Mac. Not sure if that makes a difference. Also, I did see that you can update the bank list if you click on "my bank is not in the list" when you are searching for your bank. Maybe that will fix your problem.
  • Adrienne
    Adrienne Member ✭✭
    Thanks jkilling. It gives you the correct website when adding the Verizon Visa Card as new. Since I already have mine set up (with the wrong webset), it won't use the correct site. I will have to talk with Quicken on how to take care of this now. At least we can now connect.
  • Adrienne
    Adrienne Member ✭✭
    Correction to my last post. I was able to change the bank name. So, I am good now. Thanks everyone!!!
  • If you're still having problems, here's what I did to get it to work. I had my account already set up. I went into the "Edit Account Details". The financial institution was listed there as Synchronicity Bank or something. I deleted that and the account number that was in there and saved it. Then I went back in and reconnected the account. When it asked for the financial institution, I searched for Verizon Visa and then it worked.
  • rodbell1
    rodbell1 Member
    > @mistele9 said:
    > If you're still having problems, here's what I did to get it to work. I had my account already set up. I went into the "Edit Account Details". The financial institution was listed there as Synchronicity Bank or something. I deleted that and the account number that was in there and saved it. Then I went back in and reconnected the account. When it asked for the financial institution, I searched for Verizon Visa and then it worked.

I just followed these steps from mistele9 and it worked to automatically download transactions from Verizon Visa. Thank You!
This discussion has been closed.