Home Quicken for Windows Download, Add/Update Accounts (Windows)
Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Account Validation

After a recent Sync, there were messages that several transactions did not sync & I should validate my accounts, before syncing. I went through the validation process, but when I reopened my account, I now showed two registers for the same account. One was the original register with 2 years of data & the second only included data from May 2020. Why would this happen & is there anything I can do to fix it?

Comments

• Hello @Suzanne Roberts

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issues you're having. I believe the best way to go back in this case would be to load backup. If you're unsure how to do this you can follow the article down below.

https://www.quicken.com/support/how-backup-or-restore-your-quicken-data

Next with the error itself could you try syncing again and see if you get the error. If you do could you take a screenshot of it so we can see it as well? With a bit more info from the error we should be able to find what the next best troubleshooting step would be.

Once you get a chance let us know how it goes!

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• Quicken HughQuicken Hugh Alumni mod
    edited August 2020
    Hi @Suzanne Roberts,
    Thank you for posting about your concern. 
    Just to be clear, what Year, Version and Build of Quicken are you using, please? (Help > About Quicken)

You now have two Registers for one checking, savings, investment, or credit card account? What type of account is it, please?

From how you have described the situation, it seems this is more of a duplicate account, rather than a sync issue.

"Why would this happen[?]" It sounds like you may have taken this account offline, then enabled the Online Services for this account, and added the account a second time (rather than linking to an existing account already in your Quicken data file.)

"[I]s there anything I can do to fix it?" Yes, absolutely.

Most Financial Institutions will only download the last 90 days worth of transactions into your account Register. As your "second account" (I'm going to call it the B Account, to try to keep things clearer)  has data from May 2020 through today. Effectively, the B Account started over 90 days ago. The A Account was started years ago.
    Even if you were to delete the B Account and then correctly re-link the old A Account, you might have a gap of transactions in your Register. You could manually enter the missing transactions to fill in the gap.

Or,
    1. If your FI offers it, you might log into the FI's website, and download a Quicken-readable data file of your transactions with a custom date range. (The first day of missing transactions in May through today, as your custom date range.)
    2. Delete the B Account in Quicken.
    3. Then download the custom-date-range data file into your computer.
    4. Next, import the data file into the A Account Register, thereby restoring the missing transactions (and bringing your A Account Register up-to-date).
    5. Then carefully re-link the A Account for Online Services.
    If you are comfortable doing this yourself, you certainly can do it. You are also welcome to contact support directly to have someone guide you through this process.

Let us know how you turn out, thanks.
    Quicken Hugh
This discussion has been closed.