cash linked account missing transactions

I have started a new Quicken file due to a corruption. All my pass words disappeared from the vault. When I re-entered them Quicken downloaded duplicated dating back to 2018 which was approx 492 transactions in just one account. After super validating my original 30 year old file and a copy, both corrupted, I thought spend a few days setting up a new Quicken file. I do not use the cloud. I downloaded from Schwab, edited account to make a cash linked account. Transactions have downloaded correctly to investment account but when Quicken creates the cash linked account April 1 2019 through November 30 2019 (approx. 150 transactions) are not in the cash account even though the investment account shows action as a divx and the correct transfer account. I have unlinked and relinked without any success. I have been told by tech support that I have to edit and save each transaction that these transactions are coming from Schwab that way. They worked in my original file cash linked account back in 2019.

Comments

• Quicken_Natalie
    Quicken_Natalie Moderator mod
    edited August 2020
    Hello @lizzyfsh,

Thank you for taking the time to share this issue with the Community, although I apologize that you're experiencing these difficulties in Quicken.

If you are still needing assistance, please take a moment to review the information available here and post back to let us know what version and release of Quicken you're using.

I suggest taking a look at and resolving any potential placeholder entries that may have been added when setting up the accounts in the new file.

Please see the information outlined here and here for more details and steps to do so.

Let us know if this helps to resolve this matter for you!

-Quicken Natalie

• lizzyfsh
    lizzyfsh Member
    Natalie,

I am using version 27.42 build 27.1.27.42 I have not installed the last Mondo patch because I really need to get the accounts correct and saved before Quicken changes anything else to the software.

I started a "new" second file and downloaded again to see if I did something incorrectly which is not likely to happen since Quicken makes the links for the cash account not anything I was doing and again the same thing happened. It appears to be in only my oldest account that I have with Schwab which was opened 1991 (I have 5 ) I eventually went in and edited and saved each of the 150 transaction one at a time. It seems this would be the quickest way for me to go forward.

I had already fixed the placeholders in the account I was having problems with the transactions. BTW fixing the placeholders does not change the issue because after I fixed and deleted the placeholders I linked and un-linked the cash accounts 3 times and the issue did not resolve itself.

I am in the process of fixing all the place holders (have always resolved them) in the investment accounts, but it takes time when you have 250 to correct which can have multiple purchases and sells.

I spent 3 hours on the phone a few weeks ago because of another issue. Finally was able to get my issue escalated and after an hour with them we figured out that it was program issue. so I know it is not always a financial institution issue.

I have been using Quicken for 30+ years and I have never had to call tech support so when I call now and get someone on the phone who has roosters crowing in the back ground following a script it gets frustrating for them to tell me something I have already tried or that it is the financial institutions fault when in fact the items downloaded correctly back in April 2019 when I first downloaded them.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @lizzyfsh

Thank you for the response and for the additional details, although I apologize that this trouble has continued to persist.

A review of the logs will be needed to be able to confirm if the transaction download issue is from the brokerage or the program.

I would recommend contacting support directly for this.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

If this occurs in a test file, I would suspect the brokerage, however, these types of situations can be difficult to gain traction on at the financial institution.

However, support can help to locate the issue in logs so that you may provide this to the financial institution.

I do apologize for the rooster, I would not appreciate that either if it were me calling. However, due to current events, there are many agents working from home and some live in rural places.

If you are unable to hear or communicate with the agent upon calling, you may request to speak to a US representative if that is helpful.

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.