Where did my scheduled transaction group go?

I have been using transaction groups in QW for years, however one of the groups I have been using is no longer visible in the Bill and Income Reminders window (it happens to be Group 1 - Groups 2, 3, and 4 are still visible). The missing Group 1 was most recently used to enter August transactions in my register. Any ideas what happened and how to resolve (other than creating a new group and re-entering the individual transactions)?

Comments

• Quicken_Natalie
    Quicken_Natalie Moderator mod
    edited August 2020
    Hello @mpbundy,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and post your issue, although I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing these difficulties in Quicken.  

I'd suggest restoring from a backup file that was created before the issue began to occur.

https://www.quicken.com/support/how-backup-or-restore-your-quicken-data

Please let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Natalie

• mpbundy
    mpbundy Member ✭✭
    Thanks for the suggestion, but frankly since I use transaction groups to record transactions once/month I would have to go all the way back to approximately a month ago to insure the data restored had the transaction group functionality and manually recording transactions processed since then would take forever. I chose to manually recreate the transaction group instead. It would be nice to know what caused the problem; I suspect it was a version update that created the problem.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @mpbundy

Thank you for the response and I'm glad to hear that you were able to correct this issue by manually recreating the transaction group.

As this has been corrected, for the time being,  I would keep an eye on the issue.

If you suspect an update caused the issue, I would recommend saving a backup prior to installing the update to be able to restore from in case any issues arise.

If updates are installed automatically, please see the information here to control when updates are installed.

-Quicken Tyka 
    ~~~***~~~
  • jerrygossner
    jerrygossner Member ✭✭
    I have been having exactly the same issue since early July. About 5 different transaction groups are affected. I have re-created them several times, but they keep dropping out within the next day or so. It appears that some of the transactions in the groups are being dropped out of the memorized transaction list. This has primarily affected split transactions.
  • mpbundy
    mpbundy Member ✭✭
    Yeah, I've had it happen at least two time previous to this time, but this is the first time since I moved to the Quicken subscription version. The group has only eleven different transactions, and they vary from transfers (credit card payments) to EFT's to online payments. As of today the group is still in tact. It would be nice if Quicken identified and addressed the cause rather than using the standard "restore from backup copy" response. I briefly thought about going thru the data file validation but last time I did so that caused additional problems on some real old transactions (I've been a Quicken user since 1991). Good luck with yours.
  • jerrygossner
    jerrygossner Member ✭✭
    This problem definitely seems to be caused by syncing to the Quicken icloud. Since I have stopped syncing to the cloud it has not reoccurred.
  • mpbundy
    mpbundy Member ✭✭
    I choose to not sync to Quicken icloud, so in my case I don't think that is causing my problem, but hope that fixes your situation. Good luck!
  • jerrygossner
    jerrygossner Member ✭✭
    i now find it is happening when scheduled transactions are entered into the register. I have rebuilt the groups several times, but it doesn't help. Very frustrating. After entering the transactions, I go back to my memorized payee list and find that the memorized transaction have been changed even though they are "locked". VERY FRUSTRATING.
  • mpbundy
    mpbundy Member ✭✭
    Bummer. Have you tried unlocking and deleting the memorized transactions and starting the process from scratch again? Not sure if it will give you insight, but I am using Quicken on a single desktop PC running windows 8.1 and attached wirelessly to my home network. I do not access quicken from any mobile device, tablet, or phone. Good luck!