Opening from a NAS

I've been using Quicken for years on a Windows 10 machine... My data file is on my local Synology NAS... Ever since the most recent Quicken update, every time I launch it I get a warning that:

"Quicken has detected that you are accessing your data file remotely through Dropbox, cloud storage, Google Drive, USB, or another remote source.............blah blah"

Please make it stop! How do I disable this warning? I'm accessing my data EXACTLY how I want to be.

//Brew

Comments

  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    This issue has already been addressed in the staged R28.16 release: https://www.quicken.com/support/update-and-patch-20182019-release-quicken-windows-subscription-product
  • brewder
    brewder Member ✭✭
    Thanks for letting me know! Any idea when R28.16 will start rolling out? I'm on R28.10
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    R28.16 is already rolling out.  We may download and apply the update from the previously referenced link.
  • brewder
    brewder Member ✭✭
    oh geezz.. I missed it! Downloaded and installed, thank you!!
  • brewder
    brewder Member ✭✭
    Didn't fix anything... I get the same error. :(
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    brewder said:
    Didn't fix anything... I get the same error. :(
    Did you check the new option to discontinue seeing the warning message?
  • jfclague
    jfclague Member ✭✭✭✭
    Sherlock said:
    brewder said:
    Didn't fix anything... I get the same error. :(
    Did you check the new option to discontinue seeing the warning message?
    Where is that option to check? I was unable to find it and I am on the latest version.

    Thanks
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    jfclague said:
    Sherlock said:
    brewder said:
    Didn't fix anything... I get the same error. :(
    Did you check the new option to discontinue seeing the warning message?
    Where is that option to check? I was unable to find it and I am on the latest version.

    Thanks
    @jfclague:  

    We may determine the version of Quicken we are using by selecting Help > About Quicken

    R28.16 is presently a staged release.  The latest release is R27.42.

  • jfclague
    jfclague Member ✭✭✭✭
    Sherlock said:
    jfclague said:
    Sherlock said:
    brewder said:
    Didn't fix anything... I get the same error. :(
    Did you check the new option to discontinue seeing the warning message?
    Where is that option to check? I was unable to find it and I am on the latest version.

    Thanks
    @jfclague:  

    We may determine the version of Quicken we are using by selecting Help > About Quicken

    R28.16 is presently a staged release.  The latest release is R27.42.

    I have R28.16
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    jfclague said:
    Sherlock said:
    jfclague said:
    Sherlock said:
    brewder said:
    Didn't fix anything... I get the same error. :(
    Did you check the new option to discontinue seeing the warning message?
    Where is that option to check? I was unable to find it and I am on the latest version.

    Thanks
    @jfclague:  

    We may determine the version of Quicken we are using by selecting Help > About Quicken

    R28.16 is presently a staged release.  The latest release is R27.42.

    I have R28.16
    If you are using R28.16, there should a check box at the bottom of the warning:


  • jfclague
    jfclague Member ✭✭✭✭
    Sherlock said:
    jfclague said:
    Sherlock said:
    jfclague said:
    Sherlock said:
    brewder said:
    Didn't fix anything... I get the same error. :(
    Did you check the new option to discontinue seeing the warning message?
    Where is that option to check? I was unable to find it and I am on the latest version.

    Thanks
    @jfclague:  

    We may determine the version of Quicken we are using by selecting Help > About Quicken

    R28.16 is presently a staged release.  The latest release is R27.42.

    I have R28.16
    If you are using R28.16, there should a check box at the bottom of the warning:


    Ok, thanks. My file is on OneDrive but I haven't gotten the message so I guess it doesn't show this message with OneDrive.
This discussion has been closed.