Duplicate Accounts after OSU

Bluesgorilla
Bluesgorilla Member ✭✭
I'm using Quicken Premier R28.16 build 27.1.28.16.

After installing the latest update this morning, I have many duplicate transactions in multiple accounts. It looks like all of my Savings Goals accounts were duplicated as 'Unspecified Accounts' and all of their transactions duplicated in my real accounts. I've attached a screenshot of one of the duplicate transactions.

I cannot see the 'Unspecified Accounts' in the account list but if I find a transaction and Go to matching transfer, I can see the register for the account and it is an exact duplicate of one of my savings goals account. I use Savings Goals extensively....so I have 1000's of duplicate transactions now.

I tried to delete the Unspecified Account, but Quicken won't open the Edit Account Details box for those accounts to delete them.

I'm going to restore a backup and not install the patch to resolve it, but thought I'd report the issue in case Quicken is not aware that this is happening to some customers.

EDIT: I've been thinking about the steps I took to get in this predicament and this may not be a patch issue after all. Here's the sequence of events leading up to the problem....
1. Open Q and do an OSU.
2. Got some transactions and update notice. Applied update to R28.16.
3. Noticed that some deposits from my checking account that I know posted at my FI were missing from the download.
4. Did an Update Now from my main checking account register.
RESULT: The missing deposits downloaded but the Unspecified accounts appeared and all savings goals were duplicated.

Comments

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    About doing the restore, it only resotres the data file, not the program.  To revert to the R28.10 release, you will need to re-apply the R28.10 patch found at Quicken Patches
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  Subscription  -  Win10
    -also older versions as needed for testing
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
  • Bluesgorilla
    Bluesgorilla Member ✭✭
    Yes...I used QuickenPerlWiz site to revert to prior version. I've been reading other threads, and I think this is really due to the more aggressive lookback routines for missing transactions when downloading. At first, I thought it was only savings goals, but as I dig into it more, I'm seeing other transactions duplicated as well.

I've been migrated to the new downloading system and its only those accounts that have issues. Savings goals transactions in my direct connect accounts were not duplicated.
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    I don't use it, but it seems to be tied to the use of QMobile and the syncing of FI downloads from both sides, desktop & mobile.  I have not seen any official statement from Q about it either.
    Just make sure that your Windows UAC is set high enough so that you choose when a patch release is applied, make routine backups and let the other daredevils be the guinea pigs.
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  Subscription  -  Win10
    -also older versions as needed for testing
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
This discussion has been closed.