R27.42 Update Caused All Transactions Since January 1, 2018 to Disappear

The monthly Quicken update (R27.42 for Windows 10) installed three weeks ago. First, a "minor" issue to mention. My One Step Update had not been updating all my accounts, so I attempted to select the accounts I want to update and then click the Apply button. It tried to apply the settings and then it crashed. I tried it again after rebooting computer but problem was never fixed. I can go manually into most accounts and download transactions, but my Schwab Investment accounts will not update.

That is frustrating enough, but was is more distressing, is that ALL TRANSACTIONS from around December 2017 until present are now missing. Net worth reports generate ridiculous values, with one account showing negative $64 million!

While I've appreciated that updates are coming more frequently, I have to admit that I've had a lot of problems (normally with investment accounts not being able to maintain accurate price history) in the last year. I'm hoping that a new version of Quicken is coming and will somehow restore the lost transactions. But if that is not possible, then I'm not sure I will continue with Quicken any longer. There is no way I want to rebuild the transactions of the last 2.5 years.

***Side Rant*** I've been using Quicken since the early 1990s. I've continued to use it primarily because I haven't found great alternatives for tracking my investment accounts.[Removed-No Soliciting]

Comments

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Hello @TheGoodOmen

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

As you are experiencing crashing and it appears that these issues cropped up after an update, I would start by restoring a backup.

If the trouble persists, and haven't done so already, please take a moment to review the steps available here.

Please let us know how it goes!

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • I thought for a while this was going to work. I was able to restore a previous backup, download transactions, etc. After getting all caught up, I tried to run a Net Worth report. It could run a report on any data beyond 2016. I tried to make a backup of the file and Quicken crashed. I tried to run the repair function and it crashed again. I reopened the file and all the data back to 2017 was gone again! I'm going to try to restore again from a backup and archive some years of data and then see if I can get to a more stable situation.

Arrrgh!
This discussion has been closed.