Bill Reminder Disappears

Quicken 2020 R28, Windows.
I have bill reminders that randomly disappear from my registry and from Bills, Income, and Transfers tab. This is absolutely ridiculous and unacceptable!

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Disappear" as if they were deleted? Or do they just get rescheduled 2 or 3 months into the future?
    Do they still show in the Tools / Manage Bill and Income Reminders view?

Can you please capture one or more images of the parts of your Quicken window showing the issue, sensitive information blacked out as necessary to protect your privacy but annotated to describe the situation, and attach the image(s) here?
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7867159/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-windows

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7663259/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-a-mac

Please save images to files of file type PNG, JPG, or GIF only. They're easier to work with than PDF files.

• Kmsprad
    Kmsprad Member ✭✭
    it gets removed from Quicken, as in, no longer in the register, no longer in the manage bills, no longer in Bills Manage Income and Bills Reminder tool.
    In particular, this is a credit card bill reminder i have set for the same date of each month. Once the current month reminder disappears, it shows as the next payment in the next month.
    Not sure how to capture an image of something no longer displaying?
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

There's a possibility that your Quicken data file has been damaged.

Let's do some "Troubleshooting 101" to ensure the Quicken software is installed and updated properly and that your data file is in good working order.
    Please perform all the steps in this document in the order specified:
    Troubleshooting 101 - Fixing Software Installation and Data File Problems

BTW, ...

Are you Syncing to Mobile/Web?
    AND do you use the Mobile app on your smartphone or the Quicken on the Web feature?

If you answer "no" to both, turn Sync off completely. You don't need it. The Sync process can only be used in conjunction with the Quicken app for Smartphones or the Quicken on the Web browser app. It cannot be used as a replacement for backing up and restoring your Quicken data file.

If yes, try to Reset Sync so that the current cloud sync file is replaced with a fresh complete copy
    Do note that a full Sync process may take many minutes to complete.

Log out of your mobile app, then do this on your desktop / laptop:

How to reset Sync to Cloud

1. Go to Edit / Preferences / Mobile and Web
    2. Click the "Reset your cloud data" link and follow the instructions until it is complete.

How to turn off Sync to Cloud for the current data file

1. Go to Edit / Preferences / Mobile and Web
    2. Change the Sync radio button and set it to OFF

• Kmsprad
    Kmsprad Member ✭✭
    I am not syncing to Mobile/Web and do not use Mobile app, even though i wished i could, because there are always issues and I am tired of trying to make it work. Syn to Cloud is and has been set to OFF for quite a while.
    Will step thru the trouble shooting 101....
This discussion has been closed.