Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Checkpay Payees don't show up in the "Pay To" Add Bill Reminder list

Added a checkpay payee for Nationwide Insurance (because online billing for Nationwide is broken). Then went to add manual bill. The already entered payee entry isn't available to select. When I reenter the address and account information, I get an error saying there is already a checkpay payee with that account. So it is now impossible to add a reminder for this bill.

Also Tools->Online Payee List now just shows an empty window with no content. Really polished product you have here.

I have to ask - are you guys debugging this stuff before you send it out? You just broke everyone's billing method and the new method has giant holes in it. Do better.

Answers

• Hello @DQL,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and share your feedback experience regarding this issue, although I apologize for any frustration or inconvenience incurred.

If you are still needing assistance, would you mind posting back to let us know what version/release of Quicken you're using?

If you have not already done so, I suggest performing a Validate and Repair on your Quicken data file, following the steps outlined here.

Please let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Natalie

• DQL
    DQL Member
    Hi Natalie,

I am running Windows Quicken Premier, year 2020, Version R27.42, Build 27.1.27.42

I just performed a validate and repair.

The Tools->Online Payee List still shows an empty window with no content.

I still cannot enter a bill reminder for Nationwide insurance because it still says there is a checkpay payee for that account (same exact behavior as previously described).
  • jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    If you have already processed a check pay payment to the biller, you can try adding a reminder from the transaction in your payment register.  Highlight the transaction then Edit, Transactions, Add reminder.  Worth a try.
    Quicken user since 1995
    Win10 Deluxe Subscription thru 2021
This discussion has been closed.