Records tab in Emergency Records Organizer has black background [edited]

M - N Putzer
M - N Putzer Member ✭✭
Lately when I go to RECORDS tab the background is black on all records. I can't see the sections. See attached

Comments

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @M - N Putzer,

Sorry that you are having issues with this feature in Quicken. 

I tried to replicate what you are seeing, but could not.  I do want to say that the sections that appear as "black" in your screenshot are, in my program, displayed with a gray background, with the text showing much better than you are apparently seeing.

Is your Quicken program up-to date?  You might try downloading the most recent version. if not.  Otherwise, you could also try contacting Quicken Support - here's a link to heir contact information LINK

Good luck!

Frankx

Quicken H&B-Subscription - Windows 10 Home - Ver. 2004
                                             - - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -
  • Hello @M - N Putzer

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue.  That's quite the odd issue. I was trying to see if I could replicate it but I haven't been able to. Yours also looks a bit different than mine did as well. Is this a recent issue or has it been happening for a while?  If you wouldn't mind as well could you double check to see if we're able to have the same thing happen in a test file? This will help us narrow down if it's file specific or something within the program. 

1. Choose File menu > New Quicken File.

Advanced Data File Troubleshooting to Correct Problems With Quicken for Windows

1. Select New Quicken File.

1. Click OK.
    2. In the File name field, enter the name of the new file, then click Save. Use a name like "Test File" to tell it apart from your main file. 

Don't use any of these characters: * ? < > | " : \ / (asterisk, question mark, left and right-angle bracket, pipe, straight quotation marks, colon, BACKSLASH, FORWARD SLASH). Also, don't add the .qdf extension; Quicken does that for you.

1. Sign in with your Quicken ID. If you are prompted to create a Quicken ID but already have one, click Sign In under the Create Account prompt. 

1. Select to not use Mobile.
    2. Click Add Account to start adding accounts to the new file.

After adding accounts, see if you are experiencing the same problems in this test file. 

Once you're able to test this let us know how it goes! We'll see what our next best option is afterwards.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmmm ... we're talking about the old, practically unsupported, rarely used Emergency Records Organizer (ERO).
    The only thing that comes to mind is a possible conflict with other software and/or your specific version of Windows.
    A few years ago, there was an optional function of an Antivirus package which interfered with Quicken itself, making black blocks out of certain fields in Quicken views. The objective of this feature was to prevent others from kiebitzing (lloking over your shoulder) and seeing the data on your screen from an angle.
    Could it be that something similar is happening here?
    I'm just guessing here ...

P.S.: Please post PNG, GIF of JPG images only. They're easier to work with than PDF files.
  • morse98111
    morse98111 Member ✭✭
    i have the same issues and awaiting a response. Was the problem solved?
  • M - N Putzer
    M - N Putzer Member ✭✭
    I have not received a resolution on this yet.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @M - N Putzer

Thank you for confirming that you are still experiencing this trouble, although I apologize that you haven't received a follow-up response. 

If you haven't done so already, I would recommend uninstalling and reinstalling this will help correct any issues that may have occurred during the installation of the update.

Please let me know if you see any improvement after this process.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    FYI:  The uninstall/reinstall process fixed this same issue with another user:  https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20115775#Comment_20115775
    (QW Premier Subscription: R34.15 on Windows 10)