Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Convert all accounts and/or security price history to a different currency

:smile: I have a file in single currency. Now I want to activate multicurrency, but quicken assumes all accounts and securities are in USD. Quicken could add an option to define the currency for all accounts and securities.
An alternative would be to export all transaction and security price history, then we create a new file with multicurrency and import the history into the new file assuming the transactions are in the account currency.
I have 8 years of history. I would be very sad to lose history after starting a new file with multicurrency support.
1 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What version, edition level and release of Quicken are you using?   US or Canadian version?
    Click Help / About Quicken (Mac: Quicken / About Quicken) to get this information.
    What version of Windows or Mac OS are you using?
    Unfortunately, you cannot change an account's currency after it was created.
    What you'd have to do is to create a new account in the desired currency and begin using it instead of the old (US$) account.
    For this to work, your version of Quicken ... AFAIK ... must be at the Deluxe or higher edition level and you must have "Multi-currency support" enabled in Edit / Preferences / Calendar & Currency.