Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

How to delete an acct to download

When I go to update, I get an account that I do not want to update, as I no longer use it. How do I delete it from the Account update list when I do an update?
Tagged:

Best Answers

• GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    If you want to remove from OSU, go to the menu option and after signing in, select Settings. Then deselect the account you no longer want to update.

You can also deactivate the account if you want this to be more permanent. Go to the Account List and Edit.

user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 10 Pro version 20H2

Answers

• GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    If you want to remove from OSU, go to the menu option and after signing in, select Settings. Then deselect the account you no longer want to update.

You can also deactivate the account if you want this to be more permanent. Go to the Account List and Edit.

user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 10 Pro version 20H2
  • TJ102
    TJ102 Member ✭✭✭✭
    I don't want to close the account as I still want the old transactions in the register to view, and the account is deactivated, but is showing up with the selection box, and the password box. This is the line I want to eliminate, but don't want to loose my account entries in the register, I just don't  need to download from there anymore. The account is technically closed at the FI, but I don't want loose the info in my register. so how do I just make it not show for downloads in One Step Update settings account list?
  • TJ102
    TJ102 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Never mind...found 2 accounts at that institution that had not been deactivated. Thanks for the help..you opened my mind to a "new" quicken universe!
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    TJ102 said:
    I don't want to close the account as I still want the old transactions in the register to view, and the account is deactivated, but is showing up with the selection box, and the password box. This is the line I want to eliminate, but don't want to loose my account entries in the register, I just don't  need to download from there anymore. The account is technically closed at the FI, but I don't want loose the info in my register. so how do I just make it not show for downloads in One Step Update settings account list?
    If you followed the instructions I provided earlier and there are no other registers linked to the same financial institution with Online Services activated, the financial institution should no longer appear on the One Step Update settings account list and you will still have access the register.
This discussion has been closed.