Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

How do I enter bills to be paid without using bill reminders on bill manager?

I just want to enter a bill and pay it. I don't want the extra step of making a reminder. I hate this new bill manager program. It doesn't work for most people.

Comments

• GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you tried entering directly into the register? Under the Check # column you should see the option to send payment.
    user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 10 Pro version 20H2
  • Tania McCleery
    Tania McCleery Member ✭✭
    You can't seem to do that with the new Bill Manager. You have to pay bills through bills and income tab (I think). You have to decide whether an online payment or a manual check payment. Register doesn't give you that option, does it?
  • GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes you can send online payments directly from the checking register. I do not use Bill Manage but in assisting another user, they responded that there was a reference in that column to sending an online payment. You do not see anything that would indicate it will send?
    user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 10 Pro version 20H2
  • jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    To pay a bill that has been set up for either Quick Pay or Check Pay, click on the check# column in the empty line at the end of your payment register.  You can then select Pay as show below.  The next window gives bills that are set up and the option to set up a new Quick or Check Payee.

Quicken user since 1995
    Win10 Deluxe Subscription thru 2021
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    If you haven't already, you may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/quicken-bill-manager-scheduling-future-dated-payments-windows

If you want to use online payees to issue payments from within Quicken, I suggest you consider using one of the over 500 financial institutions that support online bill payment using the Direct Connect connection method.

Otherwise, I suggest you consider most online billers may be set to automatically charge a credit card or withdraw from a checking account and most financial institution provide free bill pay services.  
  • Tania McCleery
    Tania McCleery Member ✭✭
    Ok I see that in my register. It never use to be there before Bill Manager. I will try that. Thanks. I still hate Bill Manager. I have way over 15 and 15 transactions every month. The thought of going back to paper checks is ridiculous as is the idea of paying through my bank and then downloading and having to categorize everything. Ugh.
  • jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    I understand.  Once my current subscription expires, I will probably go to using billpay directly from my FIs.  I could set up one of them for payment from within Quicken as @Sherlock suggests but haven't decided it is significantly easier than just going to the Bank website to make payment.  
    Quicken user since 1995
    Win10 Deluxe Subscription thru 2021
This discussion has been closed.