Home Alerts & Known Product Issues

RESOLVED 9/4/20 Mutual Fund Quotes Delayed or Fail to Update

Comments

• ps56kps56k SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Donovan said:
    The last time I was able to download mutual fund prices
    was on Friday August 14.
    take a look at the mutual fund Price History.....
    .. Tools --> Security List --> [select] --> Update --> Edit Price Histoty
    my Vanguard Windsor was not updated today - 8/18/20  - 6:25 CDT

Quicken 2020 Deluxe - Subscription - Windows 10
  • Bruce BuckleyBruce Buckley Member ✭✭
    edited August 18
    My Quicken is all of a sudden downloading incorrect closing prices for many of my portfolio securities. Anyone else seeing this issue?
    EDIT: my issue is individual equities and ETFs.
  • dhammabobdhammabob Member ✭✭
    This is a server-side issue as I have experienced the same issue on Mac in the past 2 days, the mutual fund quotes were delayed for over an hour. Also, I noticed that a previously correct quote was incorrect when the mutual fund quotes finally updated. Come on Quicken, get your act together.
  • DaleDale Member ✭✭
    So I download my stocks today after the market has closed. (And yes, I know that there is a delay in Quicken downloading the numbers). However here I am at least 3 hours after the close and the numbers that are downloaded are not even close to the actual closing. What's up with that?
  • splashersplasher SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    My mutual funds were late this evening, but I just checked and they agree with Yahoo.
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  Subscription  -  Win10
    -also older versions as needed for testing
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list

• mrzookiemrzookie Member ✭✭✭✭
    Its about 8PM EDT and almost all my MFs quotes have been updated. I remember seeing this problem a few yrs back. If I recall, it took a few days before it was fully resolved. It may not even be Quicken's issue. Perhaps someone who knows more about the quotes process can chime in on that.
  • Angelo BioneAngelo Bione Member ✭✭
    I just tried twice at 8:03PM EDT and not working for me.
  • nelson386nelson386 Member
    Having same problem here--and since Monday. Unable to download prices for mutual funds.
    edited August 18
    Just checked my Vanguard Windsor - 8:50pm EDT - 8/18 - and it was downloaded.
    Checked against Yahoo - and it shows downloaded as of... 8:00pm EDT

• ScooterlamScooterlam SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quotes for mutual funds are not downloading today for me.   ETF is fine.  Using R28.10 QW HBR
  • planethouplanethou Member
    9:18pm mountain time and cannot download mutual fund quotes. I can find them on the internet, so I know they're out there, but Quicken has not been down loading them the last couple of days.
  • whw6874whw6874 Member
    I received Mutual Fund Quotes for August 17 but not August 18.
  • techheadstechheads Member
    Is this quotes download/display issue ever going to be resolved???
    Quotes sometimes do download and are reflected in account values but the quotes do not display in the portfolio view. Seems to be the worst with Vanguard mutual fund prices. I'm using 2020 Home, Business & Rental Property ver. R28.18 Build 27.1.28.18.
  • shawnkshawnk Member
    I noticed the Update Quotes Only stopped working on 8/18. I'm using Quicken Deluxe, version: R28.18, build 27.1.28.18
  • techheadstechheads Member
    I'd previously posted this as a followup to an existing question but I thought I'd start a new question on this since I've seen that this has been "resolved" several times recently.

It is still a problem.

Quotes sometimes do update/download and are reflected in account values but often the quotes do not display in the portfolio view. Seems to be the worst with Vanguard mutual fund prices. Also, if I look at yesterday's (8/18/2020) quotes, many are missing.

The securities are "checked" for download quotes in the security list.

I'm using 2020 Home, Business & Rental Property ver. R28.18 Build 27.1.28.18 and have also applied the Mondo update.
  • Quicken SarahQuicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator mod
    Hello Again All,

Our Teams have confirmed that a change has been implemented that should resolve this behavior and all quotes should now be updating as expected.

If you continue to experience a delay or failure to update quotes, please reply here to let us know.

Please also include the specific stock symbol(s) and any applicable screenshots (personal information redacted to protect your privacy) here.

Thank you,

Sarah
  • Kent FialaKent Fiala Member ✭✭
    As of yesterday, Quicken is no longer downloading quotes for me. I've been downloading quotes for about 20 years and have never seen this before.

Quicken Premier, Windows, R28.18 Build 27.1.28.18
  • findrice7findrice7 Member
    My quotes will not update. Specifically for SCCIX, TGCFX, VCOBX, and VBILX. This started 2 days ago and still has not been rectified.
    edited August 19
    [EDIT] - checking and updating timelines....
    At this time - 8:30 EDT - Wed 8/19/20 - our mutual funds are delayed.....
    Yahoo is reporting these quotes as of 6:46 & 8:01 EDT -
    Have looked at - Fidelity, TRowe, Vanguard - all missing -
    nothing in Quicken as of - 7:45, 8:30

• dougypdougyp Member
    None of my Vanguard mutual funds are updating. This has been going on for at least two days and yes, I saw the other thread from 8/6 that this is "resolved" but I assure you, it is not resolved. I'm on Windows R28.18 build 27.1.28.18.

I grabbed one fund, checked it on the VG website and it says one price. Quicken security view says that the "data as of" is today (8/18/20) but the price is not the current price. I hit update and it all acts normally - no error, but the price won't refresh. The little "timer icon" shows too so the app knows that it's not updated on one level even though the price security-detail-view shows today as the "data as of".
  • rsmrsm Member
    Windows subscription, SW is up to date. Doing "Update Quotes" from Investment Tab,
    ETF prices update fine, but Mutual Fund prices do not. Seems to be new phenomenon in the last week or so.
  • cohikercohiker Member ✭✭
    The problem has NOT been resolved. It started again today. Both Fidelity and Vanguard mutual fund prices are not updating to end of day closing prices, as of 8:10 pm EDT. Probably all mutual fund prices are NOT updating.

Please get someone competent working on this. It happened a couple days ago, but was corrected by later in the evening; now it's back again. It might be a vendor issue, but if so, then somebody high up needs to read them the riot act or find another vendor for that information. Stock quotes seem to work fine updating; mutual fund prices - NOT!
    Also, why isn't this up under Alerts and Known Product Issues or Announcements??

It's hard to find this thread, so a couple days ago I posted somewhere else - and others are probably doing the same.

Put this up under Alerts, until you have confirmation it is resolved please. That will probably save others lots of time/anguish and save Quicken's monitors time responding too.
  • Roger MRoger M Member ✭✭✭✭
    Mutual funds are not downloading today at 5:30 pm PDT.

Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription **** Windows 10 Home *** Quicken user since 1996
  • IMO_FWIWIMO_FWIW Member ✭✭
    I've been having the same issue for about 4 days.
  • Longhorn90Longhorn90 Member ✭✭
    I can confirm that I am seeing the same problem of quotes for Fidelity IRA's and 401k not updating into Quicken for Windows (Version R28.16). However, quotes for my Fidelity brokerage account is updating correctly. This began for me on 8/17.
    As of 11:30 pm EDT my mutual fund prices downloaded OK, but my previous comment about adding this issue to Alerts stands, since the same thing happened a day or two ago. So I thought it was fixed, but it happened again today, so I no longer have any confidence it won't happen again Thursday or Friday.
  • Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Hello @rsm and @IMO_FWIW

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

To confirm, may I ask that you navigate to Help > About Quicken and provide the release that you are running.

I am not seeing this issue when adding a new mutual fund or updating an existing mutual fund.

To better able to assist, can you please provide the ticker for a fund that you are unable to update?

Please let me know!

-Quicken Tyka
    Happy Harvest! Gobble! Gobble!
  • rsmrsm Member
    Version: 27.42
    Build: 27.1.27.42

Many mutual fund tickers, here are a few:
    FSKAX, FTIHX, FXNAX

My initial attempt yesterday was at ~8pm east coast time. ETFs updated, but mutual funds did not. In the past anytime after about 6pm east coast time used to work fine. I re-tried it at about 5am the next morning, and the Mutual funds did indeed update their prices. So, perhaps there is a long delay for some reason in getting the Mutual fund prices into Quicken servers?
This discussion has been closed.