Reconcile Issues

When I try to reconcile one checking account I get the message "there are no transactions to reconcile", when clearly there are. All other accounts are working properly when I reconcile them.
Tagged:

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Janibanani,

Sorry that you are having issues trying to reconcile an account.  Have you recently installed a Quicken application update?  If so, you should reboot your computer then reopen Quicken and see if the reconciliation process works correctly.

Let me know how that goes.

Frankx

Quicken H&B-Subscription Ver. 34.24 - Windows 10-Home Version
                                             - - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Janibanani
    Janibanani Member
    I did a reboot, but it didn't solve the problem. Since it is only one account that gives me that message and all other accounts reconcile with no problem, I am guessing that something accidently got checked, or unchecked on that account. I have looked, but not found what it could be.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    Hi again @Janibanani,

Just wondering - do the balances shown at the very bottom of the register for that one account balance and/or make sense?  I am referring to the Online Balance, Current Balance and Ending Balance.

Frankx

Quicken H&B-Subscription Ver. 34.24 - Windows 10-Home Version
                                             - - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• I am having that same problem as Janibanani. My two Chase Visa accounts will not reconcile. This started after Quicken told me to reset those two accounts, which I did. Now when I try to reconcile, Quicken tells me there are no transactions to reconcile, which is obviously incorrect. Digging further, Quicken is trying to reconcile based on account balance from the first of the current month, rather than current date. Any help appreciated.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    I am having that same problem as Janibanani. My two Chase Visa accounts will not reconcile. This started after Quicken told me to reset those two accounts, which I did. Now when I try to reconcile, Quicken tells me there are no transactions to reconcile, which is obviously incorrect. Digging further, Quicken is trying to reconcile based on account balance from the first of the current month, rather than current date. Any help appreciated.
    If the online balance and date obtained by Quicken from the financial institution is not reliable, I suggest you reconcile using a statement obtained from the financial institution.