Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Your recent announcement.

This sentence in the recent announcement "We recommend that you avoid using desktop Quicken during this time to avoid the need to sign in after the maintenance is over." makes absolutely no sense. Who edits this stuff? Explain yourselves!

Best Answers

• Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator mod
    Accepted Answer
    Hello @Mary OBrien

Thank you for sharing your question with the community, although we apologize for any confusion or concern experienced.

To clarify, Quicken may be used during this maintenance window, however, due to the work being done on the Quicken connected services; Users may receive a prompt to sign-in to their Quicken ID again once the maintenance has been completed. 

To avoid any unwanted sign-in prompts, we recommend not using Quicken during this maintenance period.

I hope this helps to clarify and thank you again for posting in the community.

Sarah
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Accepted Answer
    Because the 1st thing that desktop Q does, when starting up, is to "phone home" ... which uses the servers.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

Answers

• John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Quicken staff can answer your demand in further detail, but the announcement makes sense to me:

Don't use Quicken Desktop during the maintenance period. If you do, you might have to log in when maintenance is over. If you instead wait, then you will remain logged in/won't have to enter your credentials. 
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator mod
    Accepted Answer
    Hello @Mary OBrien

Thank you for sharing your question with the community, although we apologize for any confusion or concern experienced.

To clarify, Quicken may be used during this maintenance window, however, due to the work being done on the Quicken connected services; Users may receive a prompt to sign-in to their Quicken ID again once the maintenance has been completed. 

To avoid any unwanted sign-in prompts, we recommend not using Quicken during this maintenance period.

I hope this helps to clarify and thank you again for posting in the community.

Sarah
  • Mary OBrien
    Mary OBrien Member ✭✭✭
    I appreciate the clarification. I am curious why using a desktop app, not asking for an online update, should matter. Is my desktop app always connected?
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Accepted Answer
    Because the 1st thing that desktop Q does, when starting up, is to "phone home" ... which uses the servers.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe they should make the phone home process smart enough to recognize the system is offline for maintenance. 

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
This discussion has been closed.