Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Windows 10 - upgrading from 1909 to feature release 2004

Ps56k2
Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
Looks like Microsoft is pushing out Windows 10 latest feature release 2004 -
I've paused and put off downloading it.... any comments on the upgrading from 1909 to 2004 ?
Quicken 2020 Deluxe - Subscription - Windows 10

Comments

• Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I upgraded two machines from 1909 to 2004 on June 17th - two months ago.  As I recall, the upgrade took longer than expected on the older of our machines,  There was also a user conversion at initial log in - so be patient.  And, just in case it matters to you, there's a new termsvr.dll.  Otherwise, 2004 has been stable.  Of course, YMMV.  

Note: Microsoft is promoting use of their improved Edge browser at log in. It's sort of a forced commercial which you may cancel out of and it shouldn't repeat.

WRT Quicken, I don't recall there being any compatibility issues.  I have subsequently performed Quicken upgrades and a clean reinstalls without issue.  We're currently on R27.42 and planning to upgrade to R28.18 on Sunday evening.
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    My main Windows 10 desktop was just upgraded to release 2004. As @Sherlock
    posted, it takes a while on older computers. Quicken R28.18 runs with no problems.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10