Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Cannot re-enter a Quick pay transaction after deleting it to change schedule or payment amount

I deleted a scheduled Quick Pay transaction that had the wrong payment date. When I tried to re-enter the transaction I get a message that states "This payment cannot be made because there is a payment already scheduled at the biller web site"

When I go to the biller web site there are no scheduled transactions.

How do i fix this Quick Pay, where are the scheduled transactions kept?

Comments

• John Nastasi
    John Nastasi Member ✭✭
    I was told by a Quicken rep that once a Quick Pay transaction is submitted that the payment information and payment processing schedule are immediately sent to the credit card company of Payee.

When deleting a Quick Pay transactions I have to delete the transaction in Quicken (Windows) and the go to the Payee web site and delete the schedule payment.

Is that so? That is a difficult process at best especially when the Credit Card company web site does not show any scheduled payment transaction.

How do I make sure a Scheduled Quick pay transaction is actually deleted???
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator mod
    Hello @John Nastasi

Thank you for sharing your question with the community, although I apologize that you've experienced an issue with attempting to cancel the payment.

May I ask, which biller are you trying to cancel the payment for?  I'd like to take a look at the internal bill information to confirm the current status.

Thank you,

Sarah
  • John Nastasi
    John Nastasi Member ✭✭
    American Express Delta card ending in 1007, I also have another Amex card ending in 5002. It appears that the two billers are conflated.
  • John Nastasi
    John Nastasi Member ✭✭
    How can I look at the internal bill information.

The lack of a management Quick Pay or Check pay screen is a huge problem. QuickenBillPay had a great web site to manage payments.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    edited August 2020
    Hello @John Nastasi 

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response. 

There is a processing period for Quick Pay payments during which they can still be canceled. If the Cancel option is still available for the payment(s) in question, click it to cancel. If the Cancel option is no longer available, you will need to contact your bank to request a stop payment. 

Thank you for providing the name of the biller, I see that the payment for Amex 1007 has been canceled and the payment for 5002 is scheduled to be paid.

Please let me know if you have any further questions!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.