Can't update. Get Quicken Account Login and Opps message.

This problem started yesterday. I can access my file, but, when I go to update the Quicken Account Login comes up and when I fill it in I get the Opps screen. When I get out of that I get a notice saying that the program can't access the servers. I can access my Quicken account using my browser, so, credentials are ok.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited November 2020
    Hello @Jnic,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this.

First I suggest you try signing out of your data file completely and then signing back in. Please, follow the steps below.
    1. Go to Edit
    2. Preferences
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    4. Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
    5. Follow the prompts to Sign Out
    6. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password (this screen is not a pop-up box)
    Keep in mind that the sign-in pop-up dialogue may continuously keep popping back up, in which case you will need to continue closing it each time throughout the above process until you reach the full sign-in screen.

I hope this helps and let us know if you have any additional questions!
    -Quicken Anja
  • Jnic
    Jnic Member ✭✭
    Thanks for the help Anja.
    However, the problem got worse and now better, but, not fixed. Yesterday, I was able to log into Quicken on the web but not access Quicken or my data files on a Windows 7 computer. I contacted support and walked through a clean uninstall and reinstall of the latest version (R28.18) on that computer. However, after all that Quicken still wouldn't run. It wouldn't verify my credential with the new install... the OPPS message.

So, at the end of the day yesterday I had no access to my data files but could get to my account on the web. I was told by customer support that I might be able to get Quicken to run on the Windows 7 machine, if I had the older version... that we uninstalled. I asked if I could get an installer for the older program . I was told no and that it was too bad and there was nothing more that they could do since it was on a Windows 7 machine.

Today, I tried running the updated Quicken on my Windows 7 machine and thankfully I was able to validate my credentials and can access my data files on this computer. However, I cannot update. I get the servers are not available message. Not a login screen. So, I'm back to where I started.

This morning I tried to log into my account to download Quicken and install on a Windows 10 machine, but, cannot access Quicken online. I get the OPPS message. So, even if I downloaded the program I couldn't sign into the account to validate it. This is really a mess. I'm sure there is nothing I can do about this as the problem seems to be a software glitch with the Quicken servers or account program.

Is Quicken aware of this and are they going to fix it? I really need to get back to a functioning Quicken program... somewhere.
  • Quicken Anja
    Thank you for providing the update.

To better assist you further, which version release of Quicken are you running, please?
    • Help > About Quicken
    Also, do you recall when this issue first started happening and/or if anything significant happened during the time this would have started to occur (i.e.: New update install, VPN, etc)?
    -Quicken Anja
  • I too am having this exact same problem. I see a lot of complaints on the board for this or a similar issue. Has there been any progress on a fix?
  • Jnic
    Jnic Member ✭✭
    Hi Anja,

Thanks again for reaching out.

Sorry, I should have included that info. I currently have Quicken 2020 Premier, Version R28.18, Release R27.1.28.18 and the problem appeared the first thing on the morning of August 21st . As I recall I was running Version R27 updated with all July updates on my Windows 7 computer,. I always wait for updates to settle down before I let Quicken update, so, none of the August updates were installed. There were no changes, updates nor new programs added on the 20th and I did nothing more than start the computer on the 21st as I got my morning cup of coffee.

The first indication of a problem on the 21st was when I started Quicken. The account login screen appeared and when I entered my credentials I got the Oops message. When I closed that popup the program ran and could access my data. When I tried to update I got the account login screen and then the Opps message. When I closed that popup; I got another popup that said the servers were not on line. After that and until yesterday I could log into Quicken and access my data, directly without having to log into my account. I still could not update as the program would present the account login screen and then the Oops message and finally the servers not available one.

On the 22nd I downloaded Quicken from my online account and installed it onto a Windows 10 computer. When I tried to open the program on the Windows 10 computer, I again got the login screen, entered my credentials which were followed by the Oops message. When I closed that popup I got directed to another Website giving me the option to choose which version of Quicken I wanted to download. When I closed that screen, Quicken shut down. Since, I could not run Quicken on the Windows 10 computer I deleted it using the control panel.

After that when I tried to log into the Windows 7 computer I was asked to log into my account again and got the Oops message, but, this time I couldn’t get back into Quicken and now had no access to my data. That’s when I contacted tech support and tried to get my Windows 7 machine back up…. As explained earlier. However, I could access my account from a browser.

This morning I tried to run Quicken on the Windows 7 computer (with the latest version) and it worked like before. It asked for my account login when first opened and failed on the first login attempt. On the second attempt it succeeded and the data file opened up, but, I still couldn’t update. At this point Quicken on the Windows 7 machine is now able to open, without asking for an account login, and I can access my data files, but, not update.

Since I had deleted Quicken from the Windows 10 computer, I decided to download Quicken onto the Windows 10 computer again and try to get a fully functional version to pay some bills. However, now I cannot sign into my Quicken account, from a browser to get the download, onto the Windows 10 computer. That’s when I stopped and wrote the request for help. I’m concerned that whatever is going on isn’t on my end. At least for now I can access my data on the Windows 7 machine. I can’t update, but, I can access the data files.

I have many years of data in Quicken and it’s my main method for managing and paying my bills. To say this is a bit frightening is a real understatement. I really believe there is a problem with the Account software on the servers and not with my computers. I don’t have any control over it and I’m concerned that I will lose access to my data again.

Anything you can do to help is truly appreciated.
  • Quicken Anja
    Thank you for the additional information.

In that case, I suggest reviewing and following the troubleshooting instructions found at the bottom of this support article. Since you have already tried doing a regular uninstall/reinstall, I advise you to follow the instructions found under the section titled If the steps above do not resolve the issue to perform a manual clean uninstall/reinstall.

Let's see if this will make any difference.
    -Quicken Anja
  • Jnic
    Jnic Member ✭✭
    Thanks. But that isn't going to help with this problem. This isn't a Quicken program problem it's a Quicken server software problem. I believe as Karl Hanson said this can't be limited to me and him. I'm sure their are many more people. I was hoping this was a way to get Quicken's attention to focus on this issue. They made some kind of change around the 20th and it really messed up a lot of people. Sadly, this is reminiscence of the way it used to be.
  • GrandmaJo
    GrandmaJo Member ✭✭
    I've also been having some strange problems with Quicken while trying to update. The program starts to stutter and shake and finally the update stops without finishing. When I click on the Quicken screen I get the message that the program is not responding and I close it with the error being sent to Microsoft. I reopen the program and the same thing happens when I try to update. When I tried to sync my data, the sync program continued for a long time without finishing and again I had to close Quicken to get control of it.
  • Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and share your experiences regarding this issue, although I apologize for any frustration or inconvenience incurred.

At this time, I would suggest reporting the problem via the Help>Report a problem menu. This will provide our Teams with the necessary data to investigate.

Please be sure to leave all boxes checked, as well as include a description of the issue that's occurring and a reference to this thread.

Thank you,

Quicken Natalie

• Jnic
    Jnic Member ✭✭
    Hi Natalie
    Thanks for your response. At the present time I have downloaded Quicken into two Windows 10 machines and cannot log into my account from either to activate Quicken. I will be contacting support once again to see if we can get this problem resolved.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Jnic

Thank you for the reply, although I apologize that you continue to experience this trouble.

Please let us know how it goes with support and if they are able to get this resolved for you.

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.