Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

STACK VIEW IN BILLS

In the Stack View for Bills & Income, the furthest out Bill rather than the next Bill is featured on the screen. Only recently has this problem occurred. Do I have control over this or did this occur on a recent Quicken release?

Comments

• GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've noticed the same thing. Unfortunately, you have no control over this. Hopefully the developers will correct this in future release.
    user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 10 Pro version 20H2
  • rerving
    rerving Member ✭✭
    I have the same problem. I have called quicken support three times. No luck. lets hope they are working on the problem
  • Scooterlam
    Scooterlam SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see the same behavior, illustrated below.   Help>Report a problem, in app,  referencing this thread, is another channel to get Quicken's attention.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    A simple click on one of the cards in the lower half of the screen will immediately display the Stack in the upper half, positioned correctly to the selected transaction.
    I have no idea why the view opens to the right-most, most future dated transaction instead of a "today's view". You'd have to get the programmer who made this change to fess up.
  • Same issue. My stack view does not show the next bill due in the center upon entering Quicken. If I click left, the view is corrected. It changes again once I backup or exit and re-enter Quicken. This is a new phenomenon since two updates ago. I have not found any way to make the stack view show the next bill in line to be paid instead of a random bill that is due one month from now. Frustrating, considering how many updates we've had lately. I've used Quicken over 20 years and unfortunately, it keeps getting worse since they went subscription based.
  • Mark Sievertson
    Mark Sievertson Member ✭✭
    edited September 2020
    Same here. I agree, I've used Quicken for 15+ years.[Removed-Speculation] Chat button doesn't work, support has not helped me very much either.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    ... Chat button doesn't work, support has not helped me very much either.

Your browser must allow popups from https://www.quicken.com for chat to function

• irunalot
    irunalot Member
    edited September 2020
    And the most frustrating part.... no acknowledgement from Quicken. Where are they? At the very least, I would feel better if someone on the "inside" said, "yeah, we see the issue and we're working on it." Instead, we get the silent treatment. [Removed-Off Topic]
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kenneth Johnson  @GeoffG @rerving @irunalot @Mark Sievertson

I have started an "Idea" post to change the behavior back to the way it was - that is to display the "next bill" on the top of the stack .  You can vote up the idea here LINK.

Thanks,

Frankx

Quicken H&B-Subscription - Ver. R29.20 - Build 27.1.29.20  - Windows 10 Home - Ver. 2004
                                             - - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -
  • Good suggestion! Thank you.
  • irunalot
    irunalot Member
    Possible Solution that worked for me. This is a rather drastic solution but it worked. I will post here and in the "idea" link here: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7881147/revert-the-bills-tab-stack-view-to-prior-behavior/p1?new=1

I installed a new SSD drive in my PC. Of course, I had to reinstall all my apps, including Quicken. Upon reinstall, the stack view was repaired. Please note this SSD is the main storage device that contains the operating system (Windows 10). Best of luck to all.

PS... the stack view was not repaired by simply uninstalling and reinstalling Quicken. A fresh drive is what did the trick for me.