Apple rejects Quicken (WINDOWS) - "developer cannot be Verified"

Running Quicken Windows from CrossOver latest versions of MacOS, Crossover & Quicken [subscription]. All worked well, no issues, until replaced with 2020 iMac which includes a T2 security chip. Crossover continues to work well, but Quicken is rejected. Much testing and Apple Support but no success. This is a standard Intel based machine, not the forthcoming Apple Silicone.

Help would be welcome.

Best Answer

• Roger42
    Roger42 Member
    Accepted Answer
    With help from CrossOver with a work-a-round in Terminal, I am now able to run Quicken (Windows) on my 2020 iMac. I am also thinking that the issue had more to do with Catalina than the T2 chip. As I moved to a new iMac last week, I had forgotten that I had done the work-a-round when Catalina first arrived to go around GateKeeper. That's when CrossOver gave me the workaround. I just went back to terminal in my new iMac and disabled again.

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Roger42

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue. 

I want to clarify, at what point are you encountering this issue? Are you able to install and receive the error upon opening the application or are you unable to install due to this error?

Also, what is the operating system of the Mac?

I do apologize if I'm being redundant, however, I wanted to confirm what option is selected under Security & Privacy.

Do you have to allow apps from the App Store and Identified Developers?

Please let me know!

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • Roger42
    Roger42 Member
    Operating system is MacOS Catalina 10.15.6 exactly the same as I had been using last week without issue on my iMac 2017 (no T2 chip) With new 2020 iMac (with T2 chip) Quicken is not allowed to run.

To answer to your question as to which point I am encountering the issue, it is after clicking the Quicken icon as Quicken starts to load from CrossOver.

When installing Quicken into Crossfire as a new application (testing everything possible), the installation runs properly, Quicken is actually installed, but during the final moments of the install as Quicken is being called, the Apple system refuses to load Quicken and issues similar messages about the developer cannot be verified.

I have used TimeMachine to go back a month and tried to run with an "old" copy of Quicken which of course worked on my old iMac last week, but the results are the same. Apple will not run Quicken.

Here are a screen shots of the Apple issued dialog boxes.

To answer your question about Security & Privacy, I have definitely accepted identified Developers. Also tried removing all security on boot up and opened the Firewall. No help. All restored.

Although I am on the Subscription service and am working with a fresh download of Quicken, I thought I would see what happened if using my 2019 Quicken CD. A look in the Finder of the CD, does not even show the Windows version of Quicken, although I know it's there. I will check this out when my old iMac, which was gifted in family, is returned.

I expect my new iMac will be returned to Apple shortly, unless I find a soultion.

Thanks for your interest.

Roger
  • Roger42
    Roger42 Member
    Accepted Answer
    With help from CrossOver with a work-a-round in Terminal, I am now able to run Quicken (Windows) on my 2020 iMac. I am also thinking that the issue had more to do with Catalina than the T2 chip. As I moved to a new iMac last week, I had forgotten that I had done the work-a-round when Catalina first arrived to go around GateKeeper. That's when CrossOver gave me the workaround. I just went back to terminal in my new iMac and disabled again.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Roger42

Thank you for the response and for letting us know what you ended up doing to solve this issue.

I'm glad to hear that you are now able to move forward can now run Quicken! 

~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.