QBM Limitations - number of transactions - can't add SunTrust Bank

[removed - rant/disruptive]
 15 online Quick Pays is nice but unfortunately there aren't 15 online business that an individual deals with that accepts online payment. Sun Trust Bank still does not work with Quicken "Quick Pay".

Comments

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    Hello @mneale1244

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response. 

We will need a bit more information to be able to assist. Please take a moment to review the information here and post back with the year and version of Quicken you are currently running.

Please include any error messages you have received as well.

The more information you can provide regarding this issue will help the Community to better understand and assist.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • mneale1244
    mneale1244 Member ✭✭
    edited August 2020
    Not sure your Community board is working any better than your Quicken Program. I have posted several post but do not see any of them showing up so I will try again. Issues with Quicken Bill Manager as follows:

1. Why was the number of "Check Pay" changed from 15 in previous months to three for the month of August. Can't pay my most of my bills with only three allowable bill payments being allowed.

2. Online "Check Pay" is obviously the preferred method to use however this only covers a small number of possible billers for an individual to use. I would prefer this but as an Example Suntrust does not recognize your program. I have to go online and pay them directly. Obviously, small companies do not have the online capability to even consider.

3. Bill Manager does not update the biller information through the program. I only know that a new bill needs to be updated through my emails from Quicken, I then have to go into the Quicken program and update the bill manually. Refresh does not work.

If you would kindly answer these three questions I would greatly appreciate it. None of the technicians I have talked to could. Nor could they refer me to someone that could.?? I feel like a beta tester with your program. Maybe you should be paying us to continue with this farce.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @mneale1244

Thank you for the response and for providing additional details, although I apologize for the frustration that this has caused.

The option for 15 Check Payments is available for Quicken users who currently use Quicken Bill Pay and pay a monthly fee for the service.

https://www.quicken.com/support/quicken-bill-manager-how-many-payments-can-i-make-each-month

I see currently, that you are on the Premier version if you have always used the Premier version this tier offered Quicken Bill Pay for free and would not have a monthly cost. 

Did you previously pay a $9.95 monthly fee for Quicken Bill Pay? 

At this time, Quicken supports over 11,000 billers, I do apologize that your biller does not seem to be included. Is this due to the biller not being available in the list or are you encountering a specific error code when linking/syncing the biller?

How are you updating these bills? Are you using the One Step Update option or are you navigating to the Bills and Income tab and selecting Update from the gear icon?

Please let me know.

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • jsmaam1966
    jsmaam1966 Member
    I think you are missing the point.
    It's the same point that many of us have.

Why is there a limit on the number of transactions we can initiate?

15 and 15 for now is something, but what happens when the QBP portion runs out? 12 and 3 is NOT enough.

My crystal ball says you will look for a way to charge me a fee to increase the number of quick pay and check pay transactions I can have.

That together with no repeating online payments is very frustrating and I have been a Quicken user for as long as I can remember paying bills online.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    As mentioned in several other similar topics -
    What bank do you use ?
    You could look at the hundreds of banks that offer their own online bill payment feature AND work directly with Quicken.  I happen to use Chase... and it's works great.
    Take a look at your own bank, and see if they are listed .. for Direct Connect.
    .Quicken --> Account List

Quicken Subscription - Windows 10
  • mneale1244
    mneale1244 Member ✭✭
    edited August 2020
    1. I can see from previous post that “Check Pay” quotas are a major issue with other subscribers. You can rest assure that this new program will not be recommended when asked or discussed with friends.

You asked what my previous contract was with Quicken. My previous contract with Quicken was the “Quicken Deluxe”. When Quicken first informed us that “Bill Pay” would be stopping services and that “Bill Manager” would be instituted to replace, I was told that instead of a one time purchase fee of the program there would be a yearly subscription rate which would give you the same service as the old ‘Bill Pay”.

I was told repeatedly that “Bill Pay” would be stopping services multiple times over the summer and finally in August. I was never informed that my “Check Pay” quota would be limited to only 3 checks/mo. which really makes your program extremely limited.

I was never informed to continue using “Bill Pay” to continue receiving 6 or 12 additional “Check Pay” options/ mo. I would have to continue paying “Bill Pay”. Only told that “Bill Pay” would no longer be providing a bill paying service after August. I had been using Quicken “Bill Pay” for the past 20 years both in my two businesses and separately at home.

This whole transition has been a “shoot from the hip” operation with poor instruction for the users. Basically as I understand what has taken place is instead of us purchasing a new Quicken program every two to three years we now purchase it yearly with a new subscription every year only now we have less service being able to use the “Check Pay” feature form 15 to 3 checks per month.

Now that I have terminated my “Bill Pay” contract as I was told to do, I am not sure how to proceed here. Am I supposed to contact “Bill Pay” and contract for a new and separate contract to increase my “Check Pay” quota??

2. Updating the biller – I update two ways as I was told to do. Either selecting “Refresh” or selecting “Update” in the “Bill Pay” window. This is what Quicken Techs have told me to do. Quicken sends me a separated email that the biller is updated with the amount but the Quicken program only says that “waiting for biller to update” when I try to update in the program itself.

3. The biller that I have trouble with is Sun Trust Bank (my mortgage company). This being a major financial institute you would think that Quicken would have a mutual “hand shake“ protocol with them.

Thank you for your assistance with these questions. Your feed back has been helpful in trying to understand what I am now dealing with.

[edited for readability]
  • mneale1244
    mneale1244 Member ✭✭
    I have contacted "Bill Pay". They have informed me that they can not give me additional "Check Pay" per month and that only "Bill Manager" can provide this service. Also I was informed that "Bill Manager" was not capable of increasing the number of "Check Pays" per month due to program issues it was having. Boy have y'all screwed up. What gives here??
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    I have contacted "Bill Pay". They have informed me that they can not give me additional "Check Pay" per month and that only "Bill Manager" can provide this service.
    You do realize the the old Quicken Bill Pay was an OUTSIDE contracted payment service that is going away.... and that the new Quicken Bill Manager is the new totally different outside contracted payment service -
    So, two totally different outside payment delivery services - like UPS vs Fedex - each with their own logistics, features, payments....

• mneale1244
    mneale1244 Member ✭✭
    Thanks for that. But what about the 3 questions I asked in the above thread??
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for that. But what about the 3 questions I asked in the above thread??
    We are mostly peer group customers - like yourself -
    You are asking WHY the Quicken software was changed in certain ways, which we can't answer....

• mneale1244
    mneale1244 Member ✭✭
    I am not asking why Quicken was changed in certain ways. I am asking how Quicken plans to resolve the three issues I have plainly stated in the above thread.
    1. Will there be any resolution to the limited ability of only being able to have 3 "Check Pays" per month. Online "Quick Pay" is obviously the best but very limited in the businesses that accept it. Why would Quicken even contract with a company that only allows 3 "Check Pays" per month? This is antithetical to what a bill paying service should be.
    2. Do you have any answers as to my issue with the Quicken program not updating the monthly billing information when requested with either "refresh biller" or "Update biller"?
    3. The issue with Sun Trust Bank. A major financial institute. Why has not a connection protocol been established to allow "Quick Pay" to work??

If you would kindly answer these three questions, I would appreciated it. It should not require this much back and forth to get an answer to these questions.
  • mneale1244
    mneale1244 Member ✭✭
    Please pardon me. I thought I was speaking to a Quicken employee. Did not realize I was talking to a peer group customer. So I would ask you as a Quicken user. Do you not agree with my complaints? Obviously you must have the same issues as well. Also, how do I get Quicken to address these issues or at least take some responsibility in trying to resolve them.
  • mneale1244
    mneale1244 Member ✭✭
    I have just now realized that Quicken Bill Manager only offers three "Check Pays" per month since Quicken Bill Pay has terminated its services. Does anyone besides myself find this somewhat ridiculous for a bill paying service?? Won't work for me. Are there others that feel this way? Quicken techs tell me they are getting a lot of complaints but have no answer as to how they can help.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    As mentioned - this is a community forum of other Quicken users....
    And yes - there have been several topic threads concerning the new Bill Manager - from the very beginning.... you can Search around and see what others have discussed.
    I personally don't use it - I use my Chase banking account, and link directly to it's online bill payment service via my desktop Quicken....  works great -
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    mneale1244 said:  Sun Trust Bank still does not work with Quicken "Quick Pay".
    Just for clarification - and maybe to start a different topic -
    Which specific  - Sun Trust Bank -
    are you trying to use-  either as an online biller with Bill Manager,
    or are you having probs just adding your accounts.... ala - Add Account -

• mneale1244
    mneale1244 Member ✭✭
    I was informed by Sun Trust that they had stopped using all other Online available sites and now only use "Sun Trust Bank". The message I get from Quicken is that my account is locked or blocked and to go onto the Sun Trust WEB site and correct. I have had Sun Trust check this multiple times and they is no issue with my account. I have no trouble getting online with Sun Trust via their WEB site. There is no lockout or block on my account from there end.

Any suggestions with the Updates that don't work??
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    Well, it seems every time you post a comment you ADD yet another problem,
    and yet don't clearly answer the simple high level questions asked.
    Here is the Quicken internal config for "SunTrust Bank" vs "SunTrust Banks" -
    The "Bank" (singular) does in fact have Direct Connect AND Payment
    So it can be used for making payments .....directly from Quicken - no 3rd party.
    02801    02801    02801    SunTrust Bank    https://www.suntrust.com/    1-800-786-8787    https://www.suntrust.com/PersonalBanking?redirect=true    ACTIVE
    BANKING,CREDIT,ACCOUNTINFO,PAYMENT&DIRECT 
    BANKING,CREDIT&WEB-CONNECT        
    BANKING,CREDIT,ACCOUNTINFO&EXP-WEB-CONNECT  
    00147    00147    00147    SunTrust Banks    https://www.suntrust.com/portal/server.pt/community/personal_home/765    (800)786-8787    https://www.suntrust.com/PersonalBanking?redirect=true    ACTIVE        
    BANKING,CREDIT&WEB-CONNECT        
    BANKING,CREDIT,ACCOUNTINFO&EXP-WEB-CONNECT  
  • mneale1244
    mneale1244 Member ✭✭
    Please review my post twice on the 25th and once on the 26th. Each of these three post list the same three questions. I have not added anything new. I still have not had my issue of " Bill Update" not working addressed in any of your post. As far as Sun Trust is concern, the techs that have tried to help can not resolve the issue either. I did see tonight on Quicken WEB site that Sun Trust only has a WEB Connect and not a Direct Connect. Only Direct Connect allows you to pay bills directly using Quicken. This sounds like it could be the issue. Hence the question earlier on why hasn't Quicken established a "Hand Shake" protocol to allow "Direct Connect"?? As far as asking about my "Bill Update" not working. I have asked this same question for the past three post as well. Thank you for trying to help. Perhaps it best we simple stop at this point since we both seem to be frustrated by this going back and forth.
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    @mneale1244 - I am going to restrict my comments to Sun Trust and not cover anything regarding Quicken's bill payment and check payment services since I have never used either.
    There are 2 different ways to access Sun Trust with Quicken. 
    1. The first way is with Sun Trust Online Banking which offers free Express Web Connect and Web Connect access/downloads.  (This is the service I use...I like free.)
    2. The second way is with Sun Trust PC Banking which offers Direct Connect service for $5.95/month (with limited number of accesses) and $9.95/month (unlimited accesses).  This is from the Sun Trust website:If you are looking to use Sun Trust for bill pay here is the link for more information.  There is a link on that webpage whereby you can submit your application for PC Banking:  https://answers.suntrust.com/articles/sn1530-How-do-I-get-started-using-SunTrust-PC-Banking.  It looks like access to PC Banking will have a unique login from Online Banking.
    I have never used Sun Trust's PC Banking service since I have Direct Connect bill pay service set up with my main bank (BBVA USA)...for free...did I already say I like free?  Yes, there are banks that offer Direct Connect bill pay for free.
    (QW Premier Subscription: R34.24 on Windows 10)