Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Is it true? [About changing usernames in Password Vault]

rfsinten
rfsinten Member ✭✭
I see on here that the only way to update usernames in the password vault is to deactivate and then reactivate the account. If this is true, then one has to ask why such a severe limitation for such a simple and routine activity?

Best Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    rfsinten said:
    I see on here that the only way to update usernames in the password vault is to deactivate and then reactivate the account. If this is true, then one has to ask why such a severe limitation for such a simple and routine activity?
    It is true.  The only way to change usernames in the Password Vault is to deactivate the Online Services of all of the registers associated with the financial institution's user account.  As to why Quicken doesn't allow us to change usernames in the Password Vault, my guess is changing usernames is not considered routine.

Answers

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    This myth only applies to Express Web Connect connected accounts, BUT, in a previous thread on this forum it was discussed and it pointed to this article, https://www.quicken.com/support/why-dont-i-need-enter-my-bank-password-download-my-bank, (see the last paragraph) which covers your question.

-splasher  using Q since 1996 -  Subscription  -  Win10
    -also older versions as needed for testing
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    rfsinten said:
    It is true.  The only way to change usernames in the Password Vault is to deactivate the Online Services of all of the registers associated with the financial institution's user account.  As to why Quicken doesn't allow us to change usernames in the Password Vault, my guess is changing usernames is not considered routine.
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    splasher said:
    This myth only applies to Express Web Connect connected accounts, BUT, in a previous thread on this forum it was discussed and it pointed to this article, https://www.quicken.com/support/why-dont-i-need-enter-my-bank-password-download-my-bank, (see the last paragraph) which covers your question.

I STAND CORRECTED.  I misread the OP and responded about changing Passwords in the Password Vault, not usernames.

-splasher  using Q since 1996 -  Subscription  -  Win10
    -also older versions as needed for testing
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
  • rfsinten
    rfsinten Member ✭✭
    > @Sherlock said:
    > (Quote)
    > It is true.  The only way to change usernames in the Password Vault is to deactivate the Online Services of all of the registers associated with the financial institution's user account.  As to why Quicken doesn't allow us to change usernames in the Password Vault, my guess is changing usernames is not considered routine.

It is too bad this is not considered routine. It is an additional protection in the age of ID theft, often overlooked. I don't change mine often, but I do change them, on average annually.
  • rfsinten
    rfsinten Member ✭✭
    Ok then, here's a follow-on question. When reactivating each account, Quicken downloads transactions - sometimes over a year's worth. They do not always get identified with existing transactions for various reasons. Short of declining each individual transaction, is there a way to either tell Quicken not to download, or to disregard en masse?
  • rfsinten
    rfsinten Member ✭✭
    You guys are the best! Thank you.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @refinten,

Happy to help! Take care.

Frankx

Quicken H&B-Subscription - Ver. R29.20 - Build 27.1.29.20  - Windows 10 Home - Ver. 2004
                                             - - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -
This discussion has been closed.