Can't use Quicken

Starting yesterday, upon opening Quicken H&B today and was confronted with the Enter Quicken ID Password window. I have entered my password numerous times, each time the "blue donut" just spins and spins. Several attempts and still unable to open Quicken.

I have used Task Manager to kill Quicken and the background process to no avail. If I close (X) the login window three times, Quicken will open but then I can't do anything because it says my membership has expired. I renewed for 14 months in March 2020 and no Membership Status info is available from within Quicken.

Help? I have a business to run!!

Comments

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is the full path to the folder that contains your Quicken data file on the hard drive? Do you have Controlled Folder Access enabled in Windows Defender? Are you using OneDrive, Dropbox or Google Backup?

Have you tried starting Quicken by holding down the Ctrl key until Quicken starts and then validating your Quicken data file?
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • pdallen1970
    pdallen1970 Member ✭✭✭
    I validated the Quicken file - no issues. I have changed nothing in my Windows settings, it is and has been allowed in Defender.

My file is located at C:\Users\Paul\Google Drive\Documents\Quicken\QDATA.QDF - the same place it has been for the 18 years I have been using Quicken.

Yes, I am using google backup and sync (and have been for 5 years).

When I followed the link to "renew", it has me log in to the Quicken site where it tells me that my membership is valid until 6/28/2021.
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would suggest moving your file out of Google Drive. 
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    After you exit the Quicken ID window several times and Quicken finally starts up, giving you access to your data file, please do this:
    • Go to Edit / Preferences / Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts
    • Click the "Sign in as a different user" link on the right side.
    • Sign out, then sign back in to your Quicken account using your current (correct) Quicken ID.
    That will fix any membership or Quicken ID recognition issues for this session of Quicken.
  • pdallen1970
    pdallen1970 Member ✭✭✭
    Thanks - I am not sure what eventually fixed it. After I validated, I did a force close on Quicken and then restarted Windows. Upon restart, Quicken opened properly and without the Quicken ID window. :|
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just heard that there's a new program fix, R 28.23, available for installation using Help / Check for Updates. Or, in a few hours, this fix should also become available at https://www.quicken.com/support/update-and-mondo-patch-20182019-release-quicken-windows-subscription-product
    Please install this maintenance and see if if resolves your issue. It worked for me. After installation, Quicken did not ask for Quicken ID when I started it.
This discussion has been closed.