Quicken will not finish the setting up of a loan. Is there a known bug with this feature?

:# I have attempted numerous times to set up a loan without success. After entering the particulars of the loan, the next step is setting up an optional payment reminder. Whether you check the box or not for a reminder, another window opens for entering details on the reminder including setting up category splits (i.e. interest and principle). No matter what you do, make no changes and press next or enter the split fields and press next, the fields are reset and you are taken back to the previous screen asking if you want to have a payment reminder. The program just keeps looping between these two related reminder screens with no way to finish the loan creation. The only way to get out of the loop is to cancel the whole thing. This is really lousy! :#

Comments

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd expect this is not a known bug.  If it was you'd hope Quicken would post that in the "Alerts & Known Product Issues" area and/or lots of users would be complaining about this problem.
    I'd try a couple of things here.
    1st, I'd try validating the file.  File > File Operations > Copy...  Then using the copied file doing File > File Operations > Validate and Repair...
    If that doesn't set things to right the 2nd thing I'd do is a complete uninstall/reinstall of the program itself. One of the SuperUsers has outlined a real "belt and suspenders" process for doing that herethat you can try.  It might be a bit of overkill, but then at least you can say you've tried everything before calling support.

This discussion has been closed.