TrustCo Bank - not connecting

Is anyone else having problems connecting with Trustco Bank after their conversion to a new online system and app? I was able to connect the day after the conversion but since have had no luck.

Comments

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @gregnugget

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response. 

We will need a bit more information to be able to assist. Please take a moment to review the information here and post back with the year and version of Quicken you are currently running.

Please include any error messages you have received as well.

The more information you can provide regarding this issue will help the Community to better understand and assist.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • gregnugget
    gregnugget Member ✭✭
    I'm using Quicken Deluxe 2020
    R28.18
    My error message is "Wait. The financial institution has a request." CC-508
    I previously was linked via Express Web Connect.
    The financial institution is Trustco Bank
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please read and follow instructions here:

If that doesn't resolve the issue:

• It is the bank's or biller's contractual obligation to notify their Quicken download service provider of any changes to their websites and download functions in a timely manner before the change is implemented. Intuit needs a sufficient amount of lead time to review, change and test their programs, to adapt to the changes the bank makes.
    • The bank also needs to notify their customers of this change and any actions that might be required by the customer to regain access.
    • If they didn't do that, complain to your bank's upper level management.
    • Also contact Quicken Support via Chat or Phone at https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support  and report this Online Banking issue, so that Intuit Inc. can be notified of the issue.  Ultimately, however, the bank must work together with Intuit on solving this update issue.

• gregnugget
    gregnugget Member ✭✭
    The steps suggested in the link did not resolve the issue. I still cannot connect. I will have to call the bank.
  • w3ndy38b
    w3ndy38b Member
    The same problem is happening to me after Trustco's update of their online banking, although a different error. It says my bank has a popup or a response required from me. I'm suspicious it is the alert they have on there that states their online banking has changed. I have dismissed it multiple times, but it keeps recurring every time I log onto Trustco online banking.
  • gregnugget
    gregnugget Member ✭✭
    I emailed Trustco about it. They acknowledged receipt of my email and I'm waiting for a reply. I got the same pop up alert, but clearly that's not it. Funny thing is that on Monday it worked. A reset the connection and it downloaded transactions. On Tuesday, nothing.
  • gregnugget
    gregnugget Member ✭✭
    My quicken connection with Trustco appears to be restored as of this morning. Transactions downloaded.
  • Mine too! Yay! Thanks for your input. I didn't feel so all alone! I love my quicken!
  • gregnugget
    gregnugget Member ✭✭
    However, I just got an email from Trustco customer service that says updates to Quicken would be through a "new feature" to use with an account aggregator, so that sound like no more Express Web Connect. Stay tuned.