Register switched to sorting descending how do I switch back to ascending

my register somehow switched to descending order (with the next transaction on top) how do I switch back to ascending order (with the next transaction on bottom)?

Answers

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    Clicking on a column header will sort by that column. 
    Clicking a second time (not a double click) will reverse the order.  In your case, click on the Date column  header.

-splasher  using Q since 1996 -  Subscription  -  Win10
    -also older versions as needed for testing
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
  • ske
    ske Member ✭✭
    Each time an account is updated/revised online, the register preferences are changed. Namely, I prefer a sort order of cleared transactions in descending order. When the account is updated the sort preferences revert to date descending. So, each time, I have to manually change the sort order back to my preference. This only occurs when the account has an update.

This minor aggravation began with a recent revision in Quicken. I'm not sure which one.

As a Quicken user of 20 years, I have not encountered this behavior with the program.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @ske,

Can you tell us which version of Quicken you are currently running.  To find it - go to "Help" > "About Quicken".  Let us know.

Frankx

Quicken H&B-Subscription - Windows 10 Home - Ver. 2004
                                             - - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -
  • ske
    ske Member ✭✭
    R28.24
    Build 27.1.28.24
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi again @ske,

Some users have had a similar experience after accepting a program update.  You should check your settings:

1) go to "Edit" > "Preferences" > "Register"
    2) at the bottom of the pop-up select "Remember register filters after Quicken closes"
    3) Click "OK"

Here's a snip:

Let me know if you continue to have issues.

Frankx

Quicken H&B-Subscription - Windows 10 Home - Ver. 2004
                                             - - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -