Quicken crashes upon launch following 8/26 backend update

I can't get Quicken to start - it always crashes - following Quicken's overnight 8/26 backend update. I'm running the current version of Quicken Windows (Home, Business, Rental Property version)

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni mod
    edited August 2020
    Hello @dmzumwalt

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although I apologize that you are experiencing crashing.

If you haven't done so already, I would start by uninstalling and reinstalling this will help correct any issues that may have occurred during the installation of the update.

Please let me know if the crashing continues after completing these steps.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • dmzumwalt
    dmzumwalt Member ✭✭
    No joy. Uninstalled per your linked procedure, restarted the PC (which has the latest updates to Windows 10 Pro), reinstalled the subscription product per your instructions, and crash upon launch. Got any more ideas? BTW, I've submitted the "Bugsplat" bug report each time, so you've got this logged somewhere.
  • dmzumwalt
    dmzumwalt Member ✭✭
    On a hunch, I renamed my QDATA file, launched Quicken and told it I was creating a new file (with another name), went through the user authentication, and once Quicken was up, renamed my old file back to QDATA, and then told Quicken to open that file. It did so, without crashing. So the source of my crashing problem appears to have been related to the software trying to authenticate after your 8/26 back-end changes while simultaneously trying to open my regular QDATA file. Not sure why that was an issue. To make sure my fix worked, I closed Quicken, reopened it (now pointing to my regular QDATA file), and it launched. You guys really need to work your QA process a bit more thoroughly. It's gotten you into trouble before.
This discussion has been closed.