Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Don't see any way to add to a topic or answer a question

I have gone to several topics that have community comments posted, but I can find no way to either add my own comment or answer a question on the topic. How do you do that. There seems to be no option to answer or add.

Answers

• jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    https://community.quicken.com/categories/community-training-%28faq-s%29

You can check out these FAQs.  You need to join to post.
    Quicken user since 1995
    Win10 Deluxe Subscription thru 2021
  • GrandmaJo
    GrandmaJo Member ✭✭
    The problem isn't not signing in. It is that many discussions do not have the Discussion box at the top of the page or anywhere else. I know if they are closed, you cannot comment, but some are not closed and still have no comment box at the end of the discussion or Discussion box at the top of the page. Others are still commenting, so I know it should be possible. The Alert at the top of the page today about late mutual fund quote updates is one where I could not find a way to participate.
  • jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    I'm sorry, that wasn't clear from you original post.  The mutual fund quote updates is an unusual case.  It started and a normal question and over time, became an announcement/alert.  It can no longer be commented on except by moderators to update the status.  Although it's not obvious, I believe the following indicates that.

In the meantime, this thread is being moved to the Alerts & Known Product Issues category.  If you would like to automatically receive updates and/or a resolution as one becomes available, please "bookmark" this thread by clicking the yellow star icon in the upper right.
    Quicken user since 1995
  • yogierra
    yogierra Member
    edited August 2020
    The issue with not being able to update mutual fund quotes from Fidelity in a timely manner is a very important problem/issue for me and I know for many others. It is one of the primary reasons I have used Quicken for more than 20 years. This problem should not be difficult to resolve and continuing to read that it is being addressed is not a satisfactory response. By now it should have been fixed! [removed - disruptive]
  • jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    yogierra said:
     to prevent users from continuing to comment on the problem is abhorent and shows a complete disdain for users. 
    This seems to be a misrepresentation of the facts.There are plenty of continuing threads where users are free to comment and even rant if they chose to do so.  The purpose of an alert about a known issue is to provide a more visible location to provide status updates and a single thread where users sign up to get automatic updates.  Rather than disdane for users, this seems more like user assistance.
    Quicken user since 1995
  • GrandmaJo
    GrandmaJo Member ✭✭
    Thank you. Since I am fairly new to this community, I did not realize that alerts could not have comments, especially since there were several pages of comments in the thread.
This discussion has been closed.