Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Mutual Fund Quotes Delayed/Not Updating

System
System Member ✭✭✭✭
edited August 2020 in Investing (Windows)
This discussion was created from comments split from: UPDATED 8/27/20 Mutual Fund Quotes Delayed or Fail to Update.

Comments

• yogierra
    yogierra Member
    Tried mondo patch and still does not work correctly. This is an issue which has just begun-until yesterday all was fine!
  • yogierra
    yogierra Member
    Still doesn't update from time to time using one step update.

I've used Quicken for years and this is ridiculous! I get emails touting all the wonderful enhancements that are being made and then one of the most basic functions that should always works fails!
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    yogierra said:
    Still doesn't update from time to time using one step update.

I've used Quicken for years and this is ridiculous! I get emails touting all the wonderful enhancements that are being made and then one of the most basic functions that should always works fails!

We're able to work around the issue by performing the quote update after the One Step Update:  press Ctrl + U and select Update
  • George
    George Member ✭✭
    Any idea why?
  • Quicken_Natalie
    Quicken_Natalie Moderator mod
    edited August 2020
    Hello @George,

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue to the Community, although I apologize for any frustration or inconvenience you may be experiencing.

As explained here, there was a known issue with quotes being delayed or failing to update, but the issue should now be resolved.

If you are still experiencing this, would you mind posting back to let us know what specifically is occurring, as well as the stock symbol(s) involved?

Thank you,

Quicken Natalie

• nuttika
    nuttika Member ✭✭
    edited August 2020
    Neither quotes or transaction update even though it says it was successful.
  • nuttika
    nuttika Member ✭✭
    I just noticed that in another investment account that none of mutual funds quotes updated. The stocks did update.
  • Cris Williams
    Cris Williams Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    I noticed on 19-Aug-20 that the availability of the latest security data is not as frequent as it has been for years. In the past, I could click the Quote button on the toolbar and get regular updates of security data each time clicked. Now, you can click the Quote button and get updates, but subsequent clicks don't update security prices. Have you changed the frequency of data refresh?
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    There appears to be a problem with mostly mutual fund closing prices...
    Are you just seeing it for mutual funds - or also for Stocks, ETFs, ?
    There are several other threads on the topic ...

Quicken 2020 Deluxe - Subscription - Windows 10
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Hello @nuttika

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response. 

I have a few questions to better help me understand what could be happening.

First, if you navigate to Quicken > Preferences > Connected Services, do you have the option to Automatically Update Investment quotes selected?

If not, are you selecting the update option and still not see any quote updates?

Lastly, can you provide so examples of the mutual funds that are not updating? I randomly selected an MF in my own file and it has been updated and I do not see this issue.

Please let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Scott Baines
    Scott Baines Member ✭✭
    as of 8/20, i am still having the same issue
  • Scott Baines
    Scott Baines Member ✭✭
    and it's with Quicken Windows
  • Scott Baines
    Scott Baines Member ✭✭
    specifically it's mutual funds, i get stocks and etf's, but not mutual funds, Running QUicken 28.18, started with patch 28.16, not sure it's related to the patch or not
  • Cris Williams
    Cris Williams Member ✭✭✭
    > @ps56k said:
    > There appears to be a problem with mostly mutual fund closing prices...
    > Are you just seeing it for mutual funds - or also for Stocks, ETFs, ?
    > There are several other threads on the topic ...https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20112706#Comment_20112706

It was happening with stocks. It appears to be somewhat better today. Good thing I mentioned it to let them know so they'd address the issue.
  • Scott Baines
    Scott Baines Member ✭✭
    Still not working after todays market. Can't get mutual fund prices updated, ETF's and Stocks are getting updates.
  • clefurgy
    clefurgy Member ✭✭
    I also note that quote downloads are either delayed or non-existent for mutual funds. My individual stocks and etf quotes all seem to download normally.
  • rentschler
    rentschler Member
    edited August 2020
    I do know there were issues last week with this, but I still can't get mine to update. I checked the patch and I do have the latest version, so not sure why I'm still having problems. Anyone else?
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not having any issues with stocks but mutual funds have been posting later than usual.  When such issues occurs, I suggest verifying whether the quote is available at other quote services to determine if the issues is specific to the third-party provider used by Quicken before alerting Quicken Support: https://www.quicken.com/support/quicken-support-options
  • rentschler
    rentschler Member
    Thanks, I should have said mutual funds, too. I am sure it's Quicken as my brokerage account shows the updated balance at end of day and it is not matching Quicken. (It always did before this last week) There are no "day changes" in the Quicken listing.
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator mod
    Hello @rentschler

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue to the community, although I apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced.

If you haven't already, please see the information available here.  This is a known issue that has been escalated to our service providers who are working to resolve it.

For more information and to automatically receive updates and/or a resolution as one becomes available, please "bookmark" the referenced thread by clicking the yellow star icon in the upper right.

Thank you,

Sarah
  • davidsgibson1
    davidsgibson1 Member ✭✭✭
    Is this back again? After going away for a while, I started having this problem again last week, and it has continued today, only now the update button does not give me current prices. It seemed like last week things were updating okay for the previous day, but not for the current day.
  • RandyB
    RandyB Member ✭✭
    edited August 2020
    The problem of not updating mutual fund quotes continues. Aug 24 it is after 7:00 PM ET, no mutual fund quotes. R28.18

Quotes are fine on Yahoo Finance and other services. Just no update on Quicken. ETF and Stocks are fine no Mutual Fund updates.
  • Donovan
    Donovan Member ✭✭
    I had the problem of mutual fund prices not updating a week ago and it was fixed. The problem seems to have started again today.
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Is this back again?
    Wow. It is NOT working for me and it usually does by 3PM local. Now 4:30. Something does not feel right. again. Even with manual updating.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    There was an issue - and several other topics - that appeared to indicate the quotes were delayed for mutual funds - but stocks were coming down in a timely manner.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    As of 6:30 CDT - Chicago - I'm not seeing mutual fund closing prices..... again -

• davidsgibson1
    davidsgibson1 Member ✭✭✭
    Yes, that's what I'm seeing - stocks update okay, mutual finds don't, either with OSU or the update button.
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Tha tactually is correct. Stocks are downloading. Mutuals are not. At least for me.
This discussion has been closed.