Mutual Fund Quotes Delayed/Not Updating

Comments

• TWMCG
    TWMCG Member ✭✭
    Last Update / Announcement was 8/27. Mutual Finds still not updating as of 9/2. Desktop (Windows) / iOS iPhone and iPad. Is it working yet for anyone?

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20114297#Comment_20114297
  • RDOCA
    RDOCA Member
    My experience is almost the same as nert73 above . I am in CA and I always get daily fund updates by 2 and 1/2 hrs. after the close and now not till the next day.
    Why is this ? If some of us are having this happen there must be a problem.
    This time lag is unacceptable. The next day they are there and correct but LATE.
  • Linekeeper
    Linekeeper Member ✭✭
    They still don't update and no one at Quicken seems to care. This has gone on for an insanely long time and Quicken management is either unaware or disinterested.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    The stock and ETF quotes appear to be fine... it's just the Mutual Funds.
    The mutual fund end of day NAV pricing is wacko....
    I have looked up a few of mine - Fidelity, Vanguard, TRowe -
    and used Yahoo Finance, Google Finance, and the mutual fund company website,
    and NONE of the pricing numbers or dates match.....
    Quicken Subscription - Windows 10
  • Lee Boszak
    Lee Boszak Member ✭✭
    Same problem here. SOMEONE at Quicken MUST take ownership of this problem and GET IT FIXED!
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    RDOCA said:
    My experience is almost the same as nert73 above
    go to Yahoo Finance and Google Finance and the mutual fund website -
    Compare the prices yourself - along with the indicated dates - they are all WRONG -
    It is not a Quicken issue...

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    stonesmaster said: Logging into my Fidelity account, all the mutual fund quotes are available at 5 PM
    The Fidelity site may have yesterday price - and not update until 8pm - look carefully
    Go to Yahoo Finance and Google Finance and the mutual fund website -
    Compare the prices yourself - along with the indicated dates - they are all WRONG -

• Might be time for us all to ask for money back from Quicken since we are getting what we paid for.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go to Yahoo Finance and Google Finance and the mutual fund website -

• dryfork
    dryfork Member ✭✭
    Folks, this is a Quicken issue. The fund sites are correct and updated at 5. Brokerage accounts at places like Schwab, Fidelity, etc. are fully update with all funds, not just their own. Quicken mutual fund download has worked flawlessly for years. The issue is a third-party they contract with that is not fulfilling their responsibility and until recently Quicken has not taken this seriously (Seriously, why is their late status update August 17?).
  • mab1888
    mab1888 Member
    Anyone still having problems with quotes on mutual funds showing up same day? It is happening with me with CRI Securities.
  • What other products are similar to Quicken that would update mutual funds in the appropriate manner we are accustomed to?
  • > @ps56k said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > The Fidelity site may have yesterday price - and not update until 8pm - look carefully
    > Go to Yahoo Finance and Google Finance and the mutual fund website -
    > Compare the prices yourself - along with the indicated dates - they are all WRONG -
    > It is not a Quicken issue...

Just double checked. Fidelity quotes are all current for the day as of 5 PM. This is a QUICKEN problem. Get your act together!
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    dryfork said:
    Folks, this is a Quicken issue. The fund sites are correct and updated at 5.
    Here's how messed up it is.... Fidelity - Wed 9/2 - 7pm - CDT
    Going into my account and bring up my FFNOX mutual fund - it has a 9/2 quote.
    Then, going into the upper right corner and asking for a quote for same FFNOX fund,
    Fidelity displays yesterday pricing.... maybe from Morningstar .
    AND - Yahoo Finance quote has 9/2 today @ 52.47
    with Google Finance quote showing 9/1 yesterday @ 51.87

• quick@comty
    [email protected] Member
    edited September 2020
    When will FAILURE to UPDATE MUTUAL FUNDS issue be resolved? Going on 3 weeks now! :/
  • Don Awalt
    Don Awalt Member ✭✭✭✭
    Add me to the list of increasingly discontented users. My issue is also T Rowe Price. It's funny, I have two big issues with Quicken now - both involve mysterious cessation of function in interaction with others - this download problem, and downloading Apple Card info. Something going on here we are not being told about? I am really starting to think it's time to move on - if I am going to track my investments through Google sheets why pay for Quicken? This is terrible. 
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    Don Awalt said: ...  if I am going to track my investments through Google sheets why pay for Quicken?
    You might check on your Google Finance -
    I'm seeing YESTERDAY pricing quotes.
    Just checked my TRowe PRHSX....
    Google Finance - 90.92 and the TRowe website has today 9/2 - 92.42

• Maybe Quicken is using Google's mutual fund quotes.
  • Snoopy75209
    Snoopy75209 Member ✭✭
    edited September 2020
    [removed - violation of community guidelines/speculation]
  • skhakoo
    skhakoo Member
    It has been several days now that I am not able to get the prices of all mutual funds. I have gone back several days now and I don't see prices for many of the mutual funds.
  • stonesmaster
    stonesmaster Member ✭✭
    edited September 2020
    It would make me feel better if Quicken honestly stated what the problem is, probably a problem with a contractor. [removed - inaccurate/disruptive]
  • ple1958
    ple1958 Member
    I am getting mutual fund quotes but not until the next day. For some reason they are finding it difficult to figure out how a request for quotes used to work and now it doesn't. I worked for a financial company and when prices weren't updated we would, and could, quickly resolve it. It shouldn't be that difficult.
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    ple1958 said:
    I am getting mutual fund quotes but not until the next day. For some reason they are finding it difficult to figure out how a request for quotes used to work and now it doesn't. I worked for a financial company and when prices weren't updated we would, and could, quickly resolve it. It shouldn't be that difficult.
    The issue is that Quicken gets securities prices from a 3rd party provider so they can't just fix it themselves.  They have escalated this issue with their provider.  But I do agree that this appears to be taking too long to get resolved.
    (QW Premier Subscription: R33.24 on Windows 10)
  • GDM
    GDM Member ✭✭
    I've had same general issue now for several weeks..Normally the quotes were downloaded and my portfolio was updated by roughly 6 pm PDT. Now it's mostly not posted until the next morning. In some cases it's partial, i.e. Fidelity funds update but not others. Seems Quicken should be a bit more transparent about it, as in an ETA for fixing it.
  • Ray S
    Ray S Member
    Very aggravating and odd. I have accounts at TD Ameritrade and in the past everything updated at 7:00, Eastern time. Now for the past several weeks, the stock prices update, but not the Mutual Funds.
  • Having the same problem as everyone else. Quotes are not updated until the following morning. Extremely frustrating.
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    skhakoo said:
    It has been several days now that I am not able to get the prices of all mutual funds. I have gone back several days now and I don't see prices for many of the mutual funds.
    Here is the Alert thread:  UPDATED 8/27/20 Mutual Fund Quotes Delayed or Fail to Update.  To be kept updated, bookmark the post thread by checking on the star to the right of the post title.

In most cases, it is not that the MF prices do not download at all.  They just download late (the next morning instead of after the market closes).  Are you saying that you are missing historical (going back more than one day) MF prices?
    (QW Premier Subscription: R33.24 on Windows 10)
  • mrzookie
    mrzookie Member ✭✭✭✭
    I have dozens of MFs from literally dozens of asset managers held in several accounts at Fidelity and Merrill Lynch. Both brokerage sites begin updating at 5PM (ET) and by 6:30, they're both completely updated (save for a couple of late reporters, which are usually up by 7:30 the latest). This is NOT a Fidelity issue. This is NOT any sort of system-wide breakdown. The problem here is between Quicken and its quote processor, but as far as we're all concerned, the problem is Quicken's. If they can't meet their obligation to provide the quotes in a timely manner, they at least owe it to us to be transparent about what's going on, and communicating about the issue on a regular basis (i.e., daily). Things go wrong, but having been in the IT industry for 30 yrs, an outage of this length of time is completely unacceptable. If they can't get their processor to meet its SLA (assuming they have one, if they don't its complete malpractice), they need to move to a new processor ASAP and deal with their issues with the current one later. 
  • skhakoo
    skhakoo Member
    Hi Boatnmaniac - yes, I am going back several days and i have several MF missing prices. I understand from earlier threads that the price download is delay. In my case, the delay doesn't bother me as much as simply not getting the price.
This discussion has been closed.