Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Mutual Fund Quotes Delayed/Not Updating

Comments

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quicken 2020 Deluxe - Subscription - Windows 10
  • Rick20
    Rick20 Member ✭✭✭
    What is the problem with Quicken? Haven't gotten prices in almost a week. I suppose I am glad that this is happening. It makes me rethink the necessity of having Quicken in the first place. Like anything else, the longer you do without, the more you realize you don't need it.
  • Linekeeper
    Linekeeper Member ✭✭
    When will Quicken exert pressure on its providers to fix this issue? Telling us that your vendors have been alerted and are working on an issue is good for 30-60 minutes. It's not an excuse you can use for days on end. Where is the urgency? Get it fixed!!
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    Which prices - stocks, ETFs, or the known and listed  - mutual funds -

• cohiker
    cohiker Member ✭✭
    edited August 2020
    I know this issue is now in Alerts - and it should be - thanks for doing that.

But it keeps happening - and is again today - as of after 7:30 pm EDT - not updating! It needs to be fixed. It's been known about for a while. Hello QUICKEN? Is anybody there, besides Sarah, who posts this issue has been forwarded higher ups - but it's been that way for several days.

And we can't (or I don't know how to?) post any updated comments in the thread that has been moved to Alerts.
  • marrdrm1971
    marrdrm1971 Member ✭✭
    I have been with quicken since it started on floppy disks( along time ago). Have never seen this.
    You need to find another third party supplier if that's the problem.
    This isn't rocket science!
    I don't want to wait till tomorrow morning to see today's results.
  • Thx but yes, they have it listed as a known issue. My question is when will it be fixed? And why aren’t they at least providing a status? This has been going on for a week now.
  • Bertilak
    Bertilak Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    Today, no new data downloads for investment accounts.  QFX log shows data was downloaded today but "as of" prices are from yesterday:
    <DTPRICEASOF>20200825160000.000[-5:EST]
    This was downloaded at 19:50 on 8/26. The above shows 8/25.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bertilak said:
    Today, no new data downloads for investment accounts.  QFX log shows data was downloaded today but "as of" prices are from yesterday:
    <DTPRICEASOF>20200825160000.000[-5:EST]
    This was downloaded at 19:50 on 8/26. The above shows 8/25.
    Where or how did you find the QFX log for these quotes ?
    Did you use One Step Update ?

• cmead683
    cmead683 Member
    Premier subscription. Ver R28.18 Re: I am not receiving fund updates since 8/24 to this evening 8/26/2020. What is your latest investigation status?
  • cohiker
    cohiker Member ✭✭
    @ marrdrm1971 Me too, in terms of when I started using Q. But this happened several times when it was under Intuit, at least for me and many others - mostly 10-20 years ago. When it happened then, it really screwed things up - historical prices were messed up permanently - not all the past but closing prices around the dates of the problem were permanently messed up, unless you entered them manually and didn't Online Update for a few weeks after it was fixed.

So when Quicken split off, I was pleased, even with the subscription required. I thought they would do a better job. But this issue keeps happening. If they don't get it resolved very soon, I'm going to be asking for some of my fee to be refunded - this is not acceptable!
  • Marcus Libkind
    Marcus Libkind Member ✭✭
    I used to be able to get Vanguard and Fidelity downloads (end of day values) about two hours after market close. That is still the same for Vanguard, but starting several days ago Fidelity downloads are not available for more than 6 hours (sometimes much longer). The only thing that has changed is that I now have a subscription while in the past I paid for 2 or 3 years at a time.

I know that the Fidelity information is available, but Quicken is not supplying it to me. What's going on? How do I fix this? This is intolerable.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @cmead683,

Well, you've succeeded in asking/raising your question.  And unfortunately you are not alone with respect to the delays regarding fund share price updates.  However the problem is being worked on by Quicken personnel.  You should bookmark the following message thread for updates on this issue https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7879628/mutual-fund-quotes-delayed-or-fail-to-update#latest

Hang in there!

Frankx

Quicken H&B-Subscription - Windows 10 Home - Ver. 2004
                                             - - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @[email protected] The latest post from Quicken was this one several days ago: they are aware of the problem, they are dependent on a third-party data provider to fix it, but they don't have an ETA on when it will be fixed. If you click the star at the top of the thread, you'll receive email notices of updates to that thread. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Bertilak
    Bertilak Member ✭✭✭✭
    ps56k said:
    Where or how did you find the QFX log for these quotes ?
    Did you use One Step Update ?

Help -> log files -> QFX log
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    oh..... you mean O FX   as in Online... not Q as in Question
  • Bertilak
    Bertilak Member ✭✭✭✭
    ps56k said:
    oh..... you mean O FX   as in Online... not Q as in Question
    Right you are!

My mistake, Thinking of Quicken, my mind jumped a track from O to Q!

OFX!

• jlorange
    jlorange Member
    Had a few issues before, since the subscription, issues about everyday. Never know if it's going to update correctly or update at all. constantly have to update twice to get it work. TURD
  • jimxkennedy
    jimxkennedy Member
    edited August 2020
    I am downloading stock quotes, but not daily prices for mutual funds. This has been going on for about a week. There was a discussion about this topic on the Community, but it seems to have been truncated--no resolution. Can anyone let me know what the status is? Is Quicken still trying to fix the problem? Thanks.
  • JayR
    JayR Member
    edited August 2020
    I have been a Q-user since 1992. Wow. I use Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property for Windows. My apologies for probably not getting this post correct.

I keep reading about the delayed quotes issue. This is a major issue for me too. No, make it a critical issue when I cannot download my mutual fund updates. Yes, the Quicken team is working this. But Quicken should look upon this as an extremely high priority.

Having been in the IT industry for 40 years and managed one of the world's largest network multi-vendor infrastructures, this issue would be unacceptable. My merits were based upon pay for performance. If performance was below par, guess what, not much merit.

This mutual fund update issue stated August 21 for me. Quicken is on a subscription process. If I subscribe, I expect results. Saturdays and Sundays are business days since the network and Quicken must be up 24x7.

In summary, get the resources to fix this problem.
  • handfixr
    handfixr Member
    Mine doesn't update either.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    SLA - Service Level Agreements -
    more and more "official replies" appear to be pointing to Quicken and their "partners" for all the things that don't work -
    You don't have THREE updates in a single month, each attempting to fix the problems created by the previous release - July TWO - August THREE or FOUR
  • wjmcnicoll
    wjmcnicoll Member ✭✭
    I am getting the same message from all brokerage accounts: "Your financial institution has downloaded data for an account that does not exist in your Quicken data file."
  • RCinNJ
    RCinNJ Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    Has anyone else experienced this? In the past, after 7 pm, I could update my brokerage accounts and the end of day mutual fund values would appear, thus matching the actual values. They now only update in the morning for the previous day's value. This is true at both Vanguard and Fidelity. At the end of the day all mutual funds show a 0.00 Price Day Change. Not sure exactly when this started, but it is relatively recent. Stocks and ETFs update fine at any time of day.

Using QM Deluxe 2020 ver 5.17.5.
  • GillCahill
    GillCahill Member
    I'm running version R28.18 Build 27.1.28.18, so the fix that is supposedly the answer (28.16) should be incorporated. But a couple of days ago One Step Update stopped downloading all quotes, it just downloads stock quotes and no mutual funds. Running it several times does not improve it or increase the number of quotes downloaded. So what is the fix now?
  • RCinNJ
    RCinNJ Member ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for your replies. I looked but didn't see (recognize) where my question was discussed. It is a pain, I hope this gets fixed soon!
  • marcjd59
    marcjd59 Member
    I'm having the same problem, but it seems that the mutual fund prices are in fact updating, but the Day Gain/Loss, Price Day Change, and Price Day Change % fields are not populating.
  • Sarge57
    Sarge57 Member
    Why O Why can't Quicken fix the program that I pay for?????? I pay for the program. For over a week I never see the mutual fund quotes on my Quicken until the next day. I have been a customer for over 10 years. I will give them a few days more and then I find a service that will respond when their product doesn't work. Then I will contact my state attorneys general fraud division to see how the company can charge me and not provide the service that i paid for. The fix must be easy but someone is lazy. No Thank you for the lousy service from a disabled Veteran!
This discussion has been closed.