Mutual Fund Quotes Delayed/Not Updating

Comments

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    @Guruperf - The link I'd referenced above refers to a general MFs pricing issue that Quicken is having with their market prices provider.
    There is another issue with Fidelity (a Fidelity issue, not a Quicken issue) where the correct MF prices and dividend transactions they download are delayed until the next day, as well.  Here's a link on this one:  https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20115720#Comment_20115720.
    With both of these issues it is not that MF prices don't download, it's just that they download a day late.  For many people this is not a huge issue because trading of MFs can't be done real time, anyway, and only takes place after the markets have closed but for others they want to see the results of what happened in the markets that same day so it's really frustrating.
    (QW Premier Subscription: R33.24 on Windows 10)
  • I've been using Quicken for almost 30 years and this is very disappointing. Not at all what I expect from this company. I wonder what the dollar amount is for all mutual funds tracked on Quicken. I'm certain it's a breath taking number and I wish the company would treat this with some importance like we do.
  • Guruperf
    Guruperf Member
    edited September 2020
    [removed - off-topic/rant/disruptive]
  • Tomp245
    Tomp245 Member
    Any updates to this issue. My mutual funds from Vangaurd have not updated in over a week. Stocks and ETF's update fine but nothing on the mutual funds. Lat I saw from Quicken was August 27th that they were working on this. Are there any updates?
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Tomp245 said:
    Any updates to this issue. My mutual funds from Vangaurd have not updated in over a week. Stocks and ETF's update fine but nothing on the mutual funds. Lat I saw from Quicken was August 27th that they were working on this. Are there any updates?

Why don't you contact Vanguard and find out when THEY are releasing the quotes?  It's possible that, like Fidelity, Vanguard is actually the problem.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • jerry2w
    jerry2w Member
    I recently renewed my subscription for Quicken for Windows. I have not been able to download mutual fund quotes. Is Quicken going to extend my subscription since the software isn’t working correctly for several weeks. I am tired of manually entering in mutual fund prices everyday.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Why hasn't Quicken put something out . Only super users trying to help? Is it true that Intuit is the problem??
    Quicken did put out an announcement about this

It's definitely something outside Quicken's control. Whether it's Intuit or some other data provider, they won't say.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • What is the ETA for repair? This has been going on for too long.
  • Boatnmaniac
    edited September 2020
    @jerry2w - There is a known issue with Quicken's quotes provider.  Quicken is addressing it with their provider.  If you want to be kept updated on the status of this issue click on this link and then bookmark it by clicking on the star to the right of the post thread title:  UPDATED 8/27/20 Mutual Fund Quotes Delayed or Fail to Update.
    BTW, it is not that MF funds do not download, it is that they download very late.  For most people who sleep at night it means they won't see the quotes updates until the following morning.  If you can tolerate waiting until the following day to get the quotes for the previous evening you can avoid manually entering the prices.
    Regarding your request for a subscription extension:  This Community is mainly users like you and me who cannot assist you on this.  If you wish to request a subscription extension you will need to contact Quicken Support.
  • jander
    jander Member ✭✭
    To clarify my problem, I used to be able to get updated quotes on my PC Quicken H&B for all or nearly all my mutual fund holdings about 3:30 pm Pacific time on weekdays. Since the update I downloaded last week, any attempt to update even as late as 11 pm shows no change in any fund. When I log on the next day, I can change the portfolio date to yesterday and see what happened. It's minor, but it is annoying and not at all how Q has acted in the 20+ years I have used it. As suggested, I will bookmark the thread and update my profile. I have been absent from Q Communities for a long time...
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    jander said:
    To clarify my problem....
    it's not related to your Quicken update....
    The stock and ETF quotes appear to be fine... it's just the Mutual Funds.
    The mutual fund end of day NAV pricing is wacko....
    I have looked up a few of mine - Fidelity, Vanguard, TRowe -
    and used Yahoo Finance, Google Finance, and the mutual fund company website,
    and NONE of the pricing numbers or dates match.....

Quicken Subscription - Windows 10
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    YUP - The mutual fund end of day NAV pricing is wacko....
  • Boatnmaniac
    jdxtr said:
    In addition to the ongoing problem of missing and/or late mutual fund quotes, Quicken is now failing to download Fidelity Mutual Fund transactions, such as dividends, etc. And, sometimes when Quicken does get Fidelity prices, they are from the day before.  e.g. The price Quicken is showing for 9/1/2020 is actually the price from 8/31/2020, and you have to correct it manually.
    The Fidelity issue is something totally separate from the general MF quotes downloads issue but the symptoms are similar.  Fidelity owns fixing their issue since their system defines what gets downloaded whereas Quicken owns working with their quotes provider to fix the general MF quotes issue.
    In both cases, the quotes do end up getting downloaded but most do not download until the next morning.  So, it is more accurate to say that quotes downloads are delayed, not that they aren't downloading.  The only time that we need to manually enter MF prices and, in the case of Fidelity, the dividends transactions is if/when we feel we cannot wait until the next day to get that information.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Any ideas on why stock and some mutual fund index funds will download into my portfolio, but 5-letter mutual funds will not. I have been downloading for decades and this problem started a week or so ago.
  • Boatnmaniac
    This is a known issue that Quicken is working to resolve with their quotes provider:  https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7879628/updated-8-27-20-mutual-fund-quotes-delayed-or-fail-to-update#latest.  If you want to be kept informed on the status of this issue, bookmark it by clicking on the star to the right of that linked post thread's title.
    BTW, it's not that MF quotes do not download.  It's that the downloads are delayed, in most cases, until the next morning.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
  • timl62
    timl62 Member ✭✭
    So has Quicken given up on fixing the problem with mutual fund prices not updating on a timely basis?
  • Chuck77
    Chuck77 Member ✭✭
    I have tried unsuccessfully to get mutual fund quotes up until 10 pm EST. I get nothing until the next morning updates and then the Vanguard and Fidelity MF update. This has been persisting for a couple of weeks. It has advanced from annoying to concerning if I need to sell a MF.
  • Yes I concur. The ETF’s are fine, but the MF’s are off...way off.
  • Mark1104
    Mark1104 Member ✭✭✭✭
    there are other threads and the current quicken response is 'we know' 

the workaround is to just go to the specific MF website where their closing prices are listed.  A pain. I know.

The prices appear to update right after midnight ET

If you update in the morning, you still have all day to make a investment decision since you can only get the 4 p.m. price no matter when you place the order, right? 
  • amitn
    amitn Member ✭✭
    I know that quotes not updating is a known problem. But today, Vanguard quotes are not updating but on the portfolio page, shows as if the quote has updated. Prior to to day the system showed the fact that the quote was not updated.
  • This is getting a bit frustrating. I understand you have re-escalated to your 3rd party source provider but we are going on about a month since initial reports.
    This is a primary function of the program. If I want to manually update quotes each night I could just as easy use excel.

Quicken need to consider providing some level of consideration to the Community - extended subscription time for the duration of loss of functionality comes to mind.
  • When an ISP provider "goes offline" for days, they give subscribers a credit for the days they are out.

Basically Quicken's Mutual Fund quotes have "been out" for like two weeks now. Sometimes not updated until after midnight Pacific Time.

Especially since this is now subscription based, Quicken should give subscribers credit for free days for this outage.
  • I think if you have a trade in the mutual fund on the date in question, that quicken sees the transaction values when they post, and updates the price of the fund... but it's taking *forever* to get the raw quotes right now... sometimes like more than 12 hours after market close. This has been ongoing for weeks.
  • wxman
    wxman Member ✭✭
    I know this has been addressed as an unresolved issue but it's simply unacceptable that all mutual fund quotes do not update until the overnight hours. For me this update is the most important quicken feature and it's incredible that the issue has not been identified, let alone resolved. Would you please provide an update? Thanks.
  • amitn
    amitn Member ✭✭
    No trades. Yesterday's quote stays there but the notification that the quote was not updated goes away for some of the Vanguard funds.
  • Logging into my Fidelity account, all the mutual fund quotes are available at 5 PM. It is not Fidelity's fault and why are forum members trying to find fault other than where the problem really is, with Quicken. They should have solved this problem weeks ago.
This discussion has been closed.