Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Chase Bank - Error OL-294-A

Jerry Pederson
Jerry Pederson Member ✭✭✭
I am get error code OL-294-A when updating my Chase accounts.

Anybody else getting this error? What is this?

Best Answers

Answers

• cdennett
    cdennett Member ✭✭
    Same here. I believe the problem is on Chase's end.
  • Jerry Pederson
    I agree. Hopefully, the problem will be resolved shortly
  • cdennett
    cdennett Member ✭✭
    Hmm. Noticed there is a new Quicken update. Installed that and tried updating accounts. This time Chase worked. Coincidence or did the update fix it? Who knows!
  • Jerry Pederson
    My Quicken is up to date. Again tried to update and got the same OL-294-A error message. Very frustrating. I guess I am going to have to call Quicken Tech people. Sometimes they have an answer and sometimes they don't
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    saw these comments...  @Quicken Sarah
    Just did OSU - still on R27.42 - and received the Chase OL-294A error.
    Then went back into OSU - the accounts show "error recovery" -
    Performed the OSU again, and the accounts connected  ok - 
    If you perform OSU a 2nd time - it appears to work..... have to do it TWICE each time.
    SO....
    our Chase accounts are not downloading....
    our mutual fund quotes/pricings are not downloading... Vanguard, Fidelity, TRowe
    only our Schwab brokerage is downloading
    Quicken 2020 Deluxe - Subscription - Windows 10
  • Jerry Pederson
    Tried to update my Chase accounts again still shows "error recovery"

My version of Quicken is R28.23.

Are you still having problems?

Ex-Wisconsin resident. Racine. Go Badgers
  • dnfinance
    dnfinance Member ✭✭
    Quicken version R28.23

Been receiving OL-294 for several days
  • Yes, I'm having the same problem.
    Quicken 2020 Deluxe - Subscription - Windows 8.1
  • Scott Baines
    Scott Baines Member ✭✭
    i'm getting the same error as well and i have 2 chase credit cards that are getting the OL-294-A error message
  • jchinitz
    jchinitz Member
    Ditto. Been like this for days now. Running R28.18 on WIndows 8.1.
  • Scott Baines
    Scott Baines Member ✭✭
    Seems to be fixed now
  • Jerry Pederson
    Fixed on my end.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just did OSU here - Fri Aug 28 - 1:35pm CDT - Chicago - and it worked..
    Will have to try again tomorrow to see if really fixed...
    Could have been something locally that was updated on 2ND attempt,
    or something changed out in the cyber world....
    Quicken 2020 Deluxe - Subscription - Windows 10
  • chestrenu
    chestrenu Member
    Getting OL-294-A on Chase credit card download over past few days on and off?
  • batstang2000
    batstang2000 Member ✭✭
    Same thing for me this morning. Tried support article steps. Still receiving error.
  • cdennett
    cdennett Member ✭✭
    Saturday Aug 29 about 10:30 EDT. It's happening again. Tried OSU 3 times.
  • mnml0
    mnml0 Member ✭✭
    I reset my account, and that fixed things. For now, at least.
  • Jerry Pederson
    I just did an update on all my accounts at 9:11 MST. Worked fine.
  • tony.bodeepong
    tony.bodeepong Member ✭✭
    Exact same issue with Chase personal credit cards. Not happening with Chase business credit card.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quicken for Windows (US version only) patch release R 28.23 has, at least for me, resolved this problem.
    If you haven't installed it yet, please do a Help / Check for Updates. If the patch is not available with this method, download and install the US Mondo Patch file from https://www.quicken.com/support/update-and-mondo-patch-20182019-release-quicken-windows-subscription-product

• mrzookie
    mrzookie Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    Getting this error too. Worked fine last nite.
    Q Premier R28.18 Win 10
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Try Update Now.  Note that there is a bug in Quicken that if you run Update Now right after and error, it won't actually do it, so try again until you really get the Update Now dialog like this.

Go to the register and select: Ctrl+Alt+U

Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • RickDetroit
    RickDetroit Member ✭✭
    edited August 2020
    Same issue here. First noticed issue on 8/29/20. Last successful Direct Connect update was morning of 8/28/20.

Two different sets of Chase accounts, both doing this. Quicken Premier 2020, R28.23, build 27.1.28.23 (running under Win 10, build 19041).

Based on number of comments here so far, I'm inclined to wait a few days to see if it resolves. Glad everybody posted!

Edit: 9.5 hours later, now it works. Both sets of accounts updated fine.

:/ Newest update 8/31). Same problem has returned. Updated Quicken to R28.23, retried, still same issue (OL-294-A message).
  • K9Capers
    K9Capers Member ✭✭
    Been failing for me for the last couple of days. Reset didn't work and I'm using R28.23 build 27.1.28.23
  • aluckman
    aluckman Member
    Same issue here. First noticed issue on 8/29/20. Last successful Direct Connect update was morning of 8/28/20.

Two different sets of Chase accounts, both doing this. Quicken Premier 2020, R28.23, build 27.1.28.23 (running under Win 10, build 19041).
  • Same problem bak again.
    Quicken 2020 Deluxe - Subscription - Windows 8.1
  • Jerry Pederson
    No error messages with chase update for several accounts. OSU works fine, today.
  • tralfamadore
    tralfamadore Member ✭✭
    Same here. Tried new Test account and was able to add/update 2 Chase CC accounts with Express WebConnect. Changed to Direct Connect and received same errors. Chat support tried to help but now says known issue being worked on.
  • bobono
    bobono Member ✭✭
    This is what worked for me today -- 1) go to Tools and select One Step Update; 2) click Manage Passwords to get into Edit Password Vault; 3) scroll down to your Chase account(s) and specifically click on the Chase account you're having the problem with; 4) click Delete Password then click OK -- the Password Stored column should change from Yes to No; 5) click Done; 6) run One Step Update or run Update Now under the gear icon on the account; 7) under either method, enter your password manually when prompted, notice that a Save checkbox appears and should be clicked if you want to save the password again, then press Done or Update Now. Good luck.
This discussion has been closed.