Paying Toyota Financial Services fails

Quicken Bill Manager does not appear to be able to pay Toyota Financial Services. It fails with account locked message, although my account is not locked. Quicken does not appear to manage the API properly when the account is set up, so that the dual authentication is always required. With my online account of course I can check the box to remember this computer. However anytime I use Quicken it send me the code to enter. On the day to pay the bill I received two unsolicited codes and of course it failed to pay my bill. This is clearly in Quickens hands to address.

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @MarkSHamilton

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

I have taken the liberty of reviewing the online biller profile for Toyota Financial Servies and was able to locate the locked out message.

I have gone ahead and reported this biller, please allow 48 prior and attempt to update once more. 

If you continue to experience errors, please navigate to Help > Report a Problem and report this issue as well as letting me know here that the problem continues.

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Thank you for your update. Since I had to pay via another method, I’ll need to wait till next month to try again.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about allowing TFS to directly debit your checking account on due date? That takes away the worries about Online Billing not functioning for some companies.
    After setting this up, all you need to do in Quicken is to change the scheduled reminder from Online Bill Pay to a regular payment/transfer transaction and record the transaction when you receive the statement notice in the (e)mail.
    I've been doing it this way for many years and never missed a payment.
  • @UKR I appreciate your suggestion, however I'm paying for a subscription to software that is expected to take care of Billing Management all in one place. This is not functioning as advertised. This is not the only one. Some work some don't. All with different issues that take hours on the phone to try and resolve. We have been forced to a new Billing Management capability that is stated to be better, yet can't be trusted to pay bills.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @MarkSHamilton

Thank you for the response, although I apologize for the delay in following up.

I have received an update from our service provider regarding Toyota Financial Services, there is currently a known issue and there is no ETA on a resolution.

Unfortunately, other methods will need to be explored to ensure this bill is paid in the meantime.

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Still no update. Difficult to trust Quicken to pay bills with the new Bill Manager. There are now multiple billers that are said to be supported that in fact cannot be paid.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @MarkSHamilton

Thank you for the bump, although I apologize that you continue to experience this trouble.

The issue with Toyota Financial Services is still ongoing and I do not have an ETA to provide.

I apologize for not having better news.

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~