Home Quicken for Windows Paying Bills, Online Billers & Reminders (Windows)
Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Problems setting up online billers

1. Setting up my Wells Fargo credit card. I was able to log in directly to their website now. But when I went to set up the online bill, it said they require a verification code. I asked for a text, it never came. I asked for a phone call, it never came. What do I do now?

2. Setting up my Sears credit cards. I have 2 accounts, a store card and a Mastercard, accessed through the same website. It set up the biller OK, but only found one account. I'm not even sure which one. (When I set up my Chase accounts, two credit cards and an auto loan, it did find all 3 accounts and they are now listed as separate online billers.) What do I do with Sears when I have 2 accounts, but in setting up the online biller found only one?

3. Setting up my Macy's credit cards. The online biller setup said it can't access their website, but I can log into macys.com just fine now. What next?
Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Hello @LawrenceKells

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

I have taken the liberty of reviewing the online biller profile using the email associated with your Community account.

I was unable to locate the Wells Fargo biller as it appears to have been deleted, please re-add this bill and let me know so that I may take a look and see if there are any errors.

The Sears credit card is listed as "Pending" this means that this biller cannot be added and synced at this time, I do not have an ETA to provide on went to expect to this sync especially.

The Macy's biller is also, experiencing an Outage, this is also available, I do not have an ETA to provide either.

If you haven't done so already, please take a moment to navigate to Help > Report Problem to report these billers to help investigate these issues further.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • LawrenceKellsLawrenceKells Member ✭✭
    Thank you for your reply. I have reported these problems through Quicken. I didn't make it clear enough to you that the problem with Wells Fargo is preventing me from setting them up as an online biller, so that's why you don't find them. It looks like it logs into their site OK but then requires 2-factor verification to continue, but it never sends me the requested text or phone call I need to enter to continue with the setup.

I guess I'll just need to use Check Pay with Sears and Macy's, and perhaps Wells Fargo, until the problems with using them as online billers are resolved.
  • UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about allowing the credit card companies to directly debit your checking account on due date? That takes away the worries about Online Billing not functioning for these companies.
    After setting this up with the credit card companies, all you need to do in Quicken is to change the scheduled reminder from Online Bill Pay to a regular payment/transfer transaction and record the transaction when you receive the statement notice in the (e)mail.
    I've been doing it this way for many years and never missed a payment.
  • LawrenceKellsLawrenceKells Member ✭✭
    Quicken_Tyka, please read my previous reply. Do you have anything more to say about Wells Fargo, where their problem prevents me from setting them up as an online biller to begin with? I've verified that on both wellsfargo.com and quicken.com, my mobile phone is entered correctly as my preferred phone contact, and SMS texts are authorized. But no requested verification number is ever texted to me during the setup process.
  • UKR is right. I'm now using direct online payment to each biller that supports it. As useful as Quicken has been for me, Quicken Bill Pay is going into the trash heap.
This discussion has been closed.