Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

CC-501 when setting up online for existing account or adding new account

I have been using Quicken Windows for more than 10 years and have many accounts in my Quicken file. When I tried to add or update some accounts (including Capital One and Bank America) online, it always hit CC-501. I tried these methods mentioned is some posts:
1) File->File operations->Validate and Repair: no help
2) Tools->Online Center->Control+Shift+Contact Info->Refresh Financial Institution Branding and Profile: no help
3) Delete all accounts from the affected bank, close Quicken, restart Quicken: Still no help.
4) File->File operations->Copy: in the new copy of Quicken file, still no help.
5) Create a new blank Quicken file, then I can add the accounts from Capital One and Bank of America. But the problems is how to bring these account back to my existing Quicken file? Using File->File import->QXF file does not carry the on-line detail.

So there is obviously something wrong with the existing Quicken data file, but how can I fix it?
Qucken Deluxe R28.23 (build 27.1.28.23)
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• scondas
    scondas Member ✭✭
    > @yushunz said:
    > I have been using Quicken Windows for more than 10 years and have many accounts in my Quicken file. When I tried to add or update some accounts (including Capital One and Bank America) online, it always hit CC-501. I tried these methods mentioned is some posts:
    > 1) File->File operations->Validate and Repair: no help
    > 2) Tools->Online Center->Control+Shift+Contact Info->Refresh Financial Institution Branding and Profile: no help
    > 3) Delete all accounts from the affected bank, close Quicken, restart Quicken: Still no help.
    > 4) File->File operations->Copy: in the new copy of Quicken file, still no help.
    > 5) Create a new blank Quicken file, then I can add the accounts from Capital One and Bank of America. But the problems is how to bring these account back to my existing Quicken file? Using File->File import->QXF file does not carry the on-line detail.
    >
    > So there is obviously something wrong with the existing Quicken data file, but how can I fix it?
    > Qucken Deluxe R28.23 (build 27.1.28.23)

I am encountering the same problem. Did you ever get it resolved?
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Hello @scondas

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue.

You will need to contact Quicken Support directly for assistance in resolving this error.

This error will require our support agents to collect and review your log files and may require an escalation to resolve.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.