Quicken has begun asking for my Quicken ID password upon every start of the program

Chris29
Chris29 Member, Windows Beta ✭✭✭
Quicken has always asked for the password every one in a while (I wish it wouldn't), but in the last couple weeks it's at least 75% of the time I start the program, it asks.

STOP!!!

How do I get quicken to stop asking for something it shouldn't even need in the first place.

I don't want to upload my accounts to the cloud, so there should be no reason Quicken needs my account.  I just want to download transactions from my banking institutions, and nothing else, but Quicken won't stop asking for the ID password.

Comments

• The Keeper
    The Keeper Member ✭✭✭✭
    Try these steps. It worked for me.
    1. Select Edit > Preferences > Quicken ID, Sync & Alerts
    2. Select Sign in as a different user
    3. Type yes to sign out
    4. After you sign out, sign back in with the same Quicken ID and password
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020

Quicken for Windows (US version only) patch release R 28.23 has, at least for me, resolved this problem.

If you haven't installed it yet, please do a Help / Check for Updates. If the patch is not available with this method, download and install the US Mondo Patch file from https://www.quicken.com/support/update-and-mondo-patch-20182019-release-quicken-windows-subscription-product

• Chris29
    Try these steps. It worked for me.
    1. Select Edit > Preferences > Quicken ID, Sync & Alerts
    2. Select Sign in as a different user
    3. Type yes to sign out
    4. After you sign out, sign back in with the same Quicken ID and password

Tried that yesterday.  Quicken has asked me for my password 3 times today.

UKR said:

Quicken for Windows (US version only) patch release R 28.23 has, at least for me, resolved this problem.

If you haven't installed it yet, please do a Help / Check for Updates. If the patch is not available with this method, download and install the US Mondo Patch file from https://www.quicken.com/support/update-and-mondo-patch-20182019-release-quicken-windows-subscription-product

Nope, already using that version.
  • JeffG35578
    JeffG35578 Member ✭✭
    Im getting this as well, every time I launch quicken, sign out and back into my quicken ID does not fix it. I am using a password on my data file. Removing the password and I do not get prompted, however this is not an option for me...
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

If you haven't rebooted Windows since you installed the latest software update, please do so now and then try Quicken again.

Still not working?

Let's do some "Troubleshooting 101" to ensure the Quicken software is installed and updated properly and that your data file is in good working order.
    Please perform all the steps in this document in the order specified:
    Troubleshooting 101 - Fixing Software Installation and Data File Problems

• JeffG35578
    JeffG35578 Member ✭✭
    Its a known issue they are investigating : https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7880079/new-8-28-20-quicken-id-sign-in-prompt
  • Chris29
    edited August 2020
    I guess I'm glad they seem to be aware and are trying to fix.  [Removed-Rant/Unhelpful]
  • DLewis13
    DLewis13 Member ✭✭
    > @JeffG35578 said:
    > Its a known issue they are investigating : https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7880079/new-8-28-20-quicken-id-sign-in-prompt

Closed already as resolved with update R28.24, wrong.
    I'm now on newest R28.28 and the problem persists.
    Someone needs to fix this ASAP, Very annoying.
  • Chris29
    Correct, this issue is NOT RESOLVED.

Quicken continues to ask me every time I open it.  It's unbelievably annoying, and hopefully someone will actually fix this soon.
  • DLewis13
    DLewis13 Member ✭✭
    Tried all work-arounds mentioned.
    Logged in on startup for Quicken, later when doing account update,
    had to log in again. This is a mess.
  • Chris29
    I've uninstalled Quicken, run QCleanUI, removed all traces of Quicken from the machine, restarted, and created a new data file, and this issue remains.

The Quicken support agent told me to call Microsoft for help with the issue!

Please, can someone from Quicken confirm this is going to be looked at, or if I need to look elsewhere for a solution to this issue, probably in the form of using a different product.

• DLewis13
    DLewis13 Member ✭✭
    edited September 2020
    Getting very hard to believe this hasn't been fixed yet.
    Man, do I miss [removed].
  • issue reappeared again. Tried the "The Keeper's suggestion" and issue was resolved. However, this is annoying if everything there is an upgrade, I need to perform this procedure. The software needs to be modifying so that people who don't want to use the cloud, or mobile devices will not be affected by the changes.
  • DLewis13
    DLewis13 Member ✭✭
    > @hfranqui99 said:
    > issue reappeared again. Tried the "The Keeper's suggestion" and issue was resolved. However, this is annoying if everything there is an upgrade, I need to perform this procedure. The software needs to be modifying so that people who don't want to use the cloud, or mobile devices will not be affected by the changes.

Tried the keeper suggestion. Didn't work for me.
  • DLewis13
    DLewis13 Member ✭✭
    Updated to R29.9 Build 27.1.29.9 this morning. Has not fixed this annoying problem of having to enter Quicken ID multiple times a day.
    Bummer.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @DLewis13

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you continue to experience this trouble. 

At this time I would recommend contacting support directly for advanced troubleshooting steps.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Quicken Care has the tools to review and research this issue further.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • I've been on the phone, at length, 4 times with Quicken Support. Since the Windows 2020 R28.28 Update push, build 27.1.28.28., especially doing one step updates I frequently are now required to enter my login and password. I'm not a newby and have been using Quicken over 10 years. So far multiple directed by Quicken Support attempts have not changed anything. Step 1: EDIT > PREFERENCES > QUICKEN ID & CLOUD ACCOUNTS > SIGN IN AS DIFFERENT USER, Step 2: FiLE > FILE OPERATIONS > VALIDATE & REPAIR, STEP 3: FiLE > FILE OPERATIONS > (CTRL + SHIFT SUPER) VALIDATE & REPAIR. Step 4: FILE > FILE OPERATIONS > COPY (Create NEW master copy in my C: Root directory). After all this, the is NO CHANGE. Combined with this starting after the latest update, and others experiencing the same, it appears the problem is not on my computer, but rather due to Quicken programming changes. PLEASE prioritize fixing this annoyance. This is a great product that I use daily, although right now I am very DISATISFIED.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    Hello @rahagel01

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although I apologize that you have not received a response.

I have taken the liberty of reviewing your cases with support and they are all listed as being resolved by some variation of the steps that you have listed. 

Does anything change or occur that you can see that causes this sign-in request to occur?

Is it after closing and opening Quicken? Are you signing in from a different IP address possibly? 

Please let me know!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Tyka, I don't know regarding the IP address. I'm not doing anything to actively identify which one I'm using, nor requesting a change to another. The frequent login requests are seen at both opening Quicken, and when using One Step Update. I've worked with Quicken in the past, and most recently through resolution with Genisys Credit Union connectivity issues. I was doing end user testing on behalf of both, and sending log files to Quicken frequently until the prior issue was resolved. I'm willing to help similarly with this issue.
  • Chris29
    I have contacted quicken support directly, and they are not able to help.  I've taken all steps they've suggested, and the issue persists.  It's an issue with Quicken program, and it seems Quicken will need to fix the program.

I so wish I could just go back a couple versions and remove the recent update that caused this problem.  It only bothered me for my password a couple times a year until a couple months ago.
  • DLewis13
    DLewis13 Member ✭✭
    Same > @Chris29 said:
    > I have contacted quicken support directly, and they are not able to help.  I've taken all steps they've suggested, and the issue persists.  It's an issue with Quicken program, and it seems Quicken will need to fix the program.
    > I so wish I could just go back a couple versions and remove the recent update that caused this problem.  It only bothered me for my password a couple times a year until a couple months ago.

Same here, getting so bad, after logging in and not closing Quicken, it will pop up for Quicken ID multiple times. This is stupid.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello all,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although I apologize that you continue to experience repeated login requests.

If you have not done so already, please take a moment to navigate to Help > Report a Problem and report this issue via the form.

You will not receive a response, however, this will help contribute to the research of this issue.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Running version R29.12 on a fully updated WIN10 system. I log into Quicken and step away for an hour or two. When I return to the program that has been sitting idle, and attempt to update, I get the request for my Quicken ID. I have tried the routine to log off & sign in as another user (actually signing in again under the same user) I get the same. Is anyone else experiencing this issue?
  • Chris_B
    Chris_B Windows Beta Beta
    edited October 2020
    [Removed-Off Topic]
  • DLewis13
    DLewis13 Member ✭✭
    Report sent, for the lot of good it will do.
    I went through the extra step of uninstalling, running QcleanUI, rebooted, then installed Quicken 2020. Did not help at all.
  • DLewis13
    DLewis13 Member ✭✭
    edited October 2020
    Getting worse. Hasn't been 30 minutes, logged in with Quicken ID, ran Update for accounts, just tried to get an update from an account from website, had to log in again. [removed-disruptive]
  • Chris_B
    Chris_B Windows Beta Beta
    edited October 2020
    I've been having it ask when I open Quicken, then less than a minute later when I try to do an update. Then an hour or 2 later, it asks again.

There has to be a solution to this. What can I do to help troubleshoot this.

it feels like no one cares about this, and I'm really getting tired of having to log into my password manager, search for the quicken password, copy it and paste it just to open a data file that has no need to connect to Quicken servers.

[Removed-Rant]
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Check if Windows Defender feature Ransomware protection is enabled.
    If so, configure it to add Quicken as an "allowed app" without turning off Ransomware protection:
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7857675/faq-windows-defender-controlled-folder-access

• Chris29
    I will begin posting here every time it asks me for my password, to hopefully show the ridiculous frequency with which I must enter this password.

I opened my laptop lid to wake my computer, and Quicken asked for my password when I opened Quicken for the day.
  • Chris29
    I started Quicken to enter some bills for the day, it asked for my Quicken ID Password just after the data file password.