Quicken Freezing

This discussion was created from comments split from: Unable to sync quicken to the cloud - using Quicken Deluxe subscription.

Comments

• csherburne
    csherburne Member ✭✭
    I tried all the steps mentioned here and still cannot sync. It starts processing, and then it just locks up with the date box on the last entry flashing. I've been using Quicken since the 1990s. Perhaps the database is too big? I didn't have this problem before the update. Any other ideas?
  • csherburne
    csherburne Member ✭✭
    Plus, on the windows taskbar, the quicken icon doesn't show up, just a blank white document looking thing
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    @csherburne - Which revision did you update to?
    I doubt that your data file being too big is causing your issues, especially since you were able to open and use it before the revision update.
    However, that blank white Windows Quicken icon indicates that perhaps your installation of the Quicken revision update did not complete properly.  What I would do is shut down my computer and then boot it up, again, to see if the Quicken icon now looks correct.  If it does, try opening your data file in Quicken, again and see if it works OK.
    If it doesn't, you might want to consider uninstalling Quicken and then reinstalling it:  https://www.quicken.com/support/how-do-i-download-quicken-quickencom-after-i-buy-it.  (If you have any problems uninstalling Quicken there's a link for that under "Frequently Asked Questions" that you will want to check out.)
    (QW Premier Subscription: R34.15 on Windows 10)
  • csherburne
    csherburne Member ✭✭
    @Boatnmaniac I have the Starter Edition latest release. Rebooting doesn't help. I will try uninstalling/reinstalling and let you know the outcome
  • csherburne
    csherburne Member ✭✭
    @Boatnmaniac Nope. Same problem. Except I unpinned the white thing from the task bar and the Quicken logo appeared there. but still can't sync
  • Boatnmaniac
    edited August 2020
    @csherburne - Two questions:
    1. You say you have Starter.  Which version is it? 
    2. When does your subscription membership expire?
    You can get the information for both of these questions at Help > About Quicken.
  • csherburne
    csherburne Member ✭✭
    @Boatnmaniac R28.23, Build 27.1.28.23, membership valid until August 21, 2022
  • Boatnmaniac
    @csherburne - OK, it shows your subscription is still good.  And you have installed the version that an Alert has been posted about (https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7880079/new-8-28-20-quicken-id-sign-in-prompt) but your issue seems to be different than as described there.
    I'm running out of ideas.  Maybe your Quicken program and your Cloud Account have gotten out of sync and the Cloud Account needs to be refreshed.  Have you tried signing out and then signing back in?:  Edit > Preferences > Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts > Sign in as a different user > type "Yes" (no quotation marks) > Sign Out > sign back in with your current Quicken ID and PW.

• csherburne
    csherburne Member ✭✭
    I already did that. Didn't work
  • csherburne
    csherburne Member ✭✭
    @Boatnmaniac OK, so I just started over. turned off sync, signed out of both desktop and mobile, rebooted both computer and phone, reinstalled mobile app, brought everything back up,reset cloud database, turned sync back on, synced and it worked! Thanks for your patience and help.
  • Boatnmaniac
    edited August 2020
    @csherburne -  I was just about to reply to you to suggest turning off Mobile & Web Sync first before signing in as a different user when I saw your last update.  I've seen some other users say they needed to do it in that order before it fixed their issue.  I'm glad it has worked for you.  Thanks for letting me know.

This discussion has been closed.