WHy won't the new set-up for Quicken Bill Manager let me set up my Bank account?

Jann Spalding Boggs here...
I have used Quicken since 1987. I have updated on a regular basis for all those years. I currently use Quicken Home & Business & Rental Property vs.R28.18, membership valid until: Nov 02,2021. Registered to :[email removed for OP's safety]
I have bragged about the service to many friends and have become very dependent on its features.
When I went online today and going to the "help" session, my email was not recognized and I had to set up a new email, user name, and password that was completely different from my previous set-up.
For at least 2 years, I have not been able to down load my banking transactions to any of my accounts. I have to go to the bank site and follow their protocol to get updates. For the same amount of time I have not been able to upload my data to "the cloud" for back-up. In July of 2019, I went through a trouble shooting session online and was assured that the issues had been resolved. The problem has continued to this day. That begs the question..."What have I been paying for if those features have not been working?" I have used Quicken Bill Pay for so long, I know I can't do without it but, all along the way there were many issues to iron out which I will not go into.
In that time frame, I have lost a husband, survived an earthquake and have had major heart issues to deal with.

When I started to get the notices for the new Bill Manager, I attempted to set it up as explained. I have attempted this task at least 8 times. I have continually received the message that it could not complete the bank account registration.
Now I am at a juncture that would not have happened if your software was as good as you claim.
Is there any hope for my relationship with Quicken?
Tagged:

Answers

• jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    janniBG7 said:
    When I started to get the notices for the new Bill Manager, I attempted to set it up as explained. I have attempted this task at least 8 times. I have continually received the message that it could not complete the bank account registration.
    That's a long list so I'll just discuss the Bill Manager which is probably time critical.
    First, have you successfully set up at least one Online Biller?  If so, when does the error message occur relative to entering the requested info for your bank account?  Is this the same account you have set up and used for Quicken BIllpay?
    Quicken user since 1995
    Win10 Deluxe Subscription thru 2021
  • janniBG7
    janniBG7 Member
    Yes, I have 3 online billers in the Quicken BillPay set-up (they have been set-up for a very long time) and I have not found any way to migrate these to the Bill Manager so does that mean they are migrating on their own IF I can set- up the Manager/bank account?
    janni
  • jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    You say Quicken BillPay setup.  Do you mean the bills are set up under the Bills & Income Tab?  Online Billers means that the current bill amount and due date are retrieved and displayed under the B&I tab.  Do you have any current bills that are showing as due?

The following is a reference that may be helpful:
    https://www.quicken.com/support/quicken-bill-manager-how-set-quick-pay-and-check-pay
    Quicken user since 1995
  • janniBG7
    janniBG7 Member
    "Do you have any current bills that are showing as due?"^^^^ Yes, I have 3. I changed one to see if that made any difference...NO...I have a payment due on August 31 for a different one of them.

"First, you will need to add an online bill"- Did that, still could not set up my checking account...
    "Second, enable a payment account for Quick Pay"****Would not accept my account!!!!
    "Third, set up Check Pay (optional)"
    "Adding a manual bill for Check Pay"
  • jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Again, when trying to set up the payment account, you were asked to enter routing & account number plus name on account, etc.  Did you get the error after entering all the information?  Have you verified the information for your account?  Is it the same account you previously used for Quicken BillPay?
    Quicken user since 1995
  • janniBG7
    janniBG7 Member
    Is there a solution to the issue I have brought up? Since the clock is ticking, I am anxious to resolve it!
  • jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    You should probably talk with quicken customer support so that someone can walk you through the steps.  Chat is open on weekends, but phone is weekdays only:
    https://www.quicken.com/support#windows
    (Talk to Support in the large blue area toward the bottom of the page)

You will need to provide a bit more information than "Would not accept my account".  This is a user community forum and not a direct connection to quicken support.
    Quicken user since 1995
This discussion has been closed.