Chase cc-502 error

I received this error for all of my accounts, across two different files. Has any encountered this recently and is this on Chase's end? I really need to get my data uploaded. Thank you.

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Intuit continues to have difficulty maintaining the Express Web Connect connection method for Quicken.  If you are not willing to accept the unreliability of this connection method, I suggest you use the Direct Connect or the Web Connect connection method if available instead.  If you haven't already, you may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/how-quicken-connects-your-bank

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited August 2020
    Hello @knance05,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Please, review and follow the error-specific steps found in this support article.

If the steps are unsuccessful, then after 24 hours or more, as stated at the bottom of the article, you will need to contact Quicken Support via phone or chat. Our support agents will need to collect and review your log files to find the internal error and file for an escalation.
    -Quicken Anja
  • zuppster
    zuppster Member ✭✭
    Same issue here - cc-502 error when trying to update my Chase accounts.
  • Kelly
    Kelly Member ✭✭
    Similar issue - 519 error
  • Austinnorm
    Austinnorm Member ✭✭
    I have encountered the SAME CC-502 Error on my accounts!
  • KDL
    KDL Member ✭✭
    Same error here on 2 Chase credit card accounts. @Sherlock I don't see where on Chase's website to setup Direct Connect instead of Express Web Connect. Has anyone tried upgrading to this?
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    KDL said:
    Same error here on 2 Chase credit card accounts. @Sherlock I don't see where on Chase's website to setup Direct Connect instead of Express Web Connect. Has anyone tried upgrading to this?
    After you have deactivated the Online Services of all the registers associated with the financial institution, when you activate the Online Services of one of the registers, Quicken should provide a list of all of the accounts it finds at the financial institution and enable you to link the accounts to the appropriate existing registers.  With Chase, you may be required to confirm your identity by accessing a message in the Secure Message Center on the Chase web site: https://www.quicken.com/support/adding-chase-accounts-quicken
  • Keto71
    Keto71 Member ✭✭
    Chase charges for direct connect so I've not sign up and don't care to. I could deactivate online and then activate it again and reset up everything but it is such a hassle. Also the help page says not to do this when encountering cc-502 errors so I've held off. I've been checking all day without luck. Hoping this will resolve itself by tomorrow. if not, I guess I'll have to call support. I tried chat today and they were of no help. Just told me to use the update now function which I've done. I've also tried to reset account (not deactivate). When trying to reset, I get a failure error saying it can't communicate with the bank. I'm thinking there is some kind of connection issue with case and nothing wrong with my files. What is everyone else experiencing?
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    knance05 said:
    Chase charges for direct connect so I've not sign up and don't care to. I could deactivate online and then activate it again and reset up everything but it is such a hassle. Also the help page says not to do this when encountering cc-502 errors so I've held off. I've been checking all day without luck. Hoping this will resolve itself by tomorrow. if not, I guess I'll have to call support. I tried chat today and they were of no help. Just told me to use the update now function which I've done. I've also tried to reset account (not deactivate). When trying to reset, I get a failure error saying it can't communicate with the bank. I'm thinking there is some kind of connection issue with case and nothing wrong with my files. What is everyone else experiencing?
    Generally, Chase does not charge for Direct Connect.  If you're a business client (not a Premier Platinum Checking, Chase Private Client, or Private Banking customer), Chase charges $9.95 monthly: https://www.chase.com/business/online-banking/control-cash-flow
  • Keto71
    Keto71 Member ✭✭
    Thank you @Sherlock. Chase finally uploaded! Hooray.
  • Hello All,

Just wanted to provide you all with a quick update.

It's looking like we had a failed aggregation attempt last night. In the OFX logs, we made the institution and account info request, but it never initiated a transaction update request. Therefore, I recommend giving it another 24 hrs for the program to do another automatic nightly aggregation attempt or force an update using the Update Now option.

It does not seem to be an ongoing or reoccurring issue unless it lasts longer than 48 hours. If so, then you will need to contact Quicken Support for escalation.
    -Quicken Anja
  • beavron
    beavron Member
    Still not working for me...