Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

CC-585 "a security question is required..." but no pop-up for info. What the heck?

Orange County's Credit Union account is asking for a security question which is common if I have signed into my account on my phone, then attempt downloads via Quicken (or vice-versa). A box usually pops up and asks how I want to receive my code, but Quicken is no longer showing said pop up box.

Best Answer

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Accepted Answer
    Hello @eurogenes

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although I apologize that you're experiencing this trouble.

May I ask that you navigate to Help > About Quicken and provide the release that you are currently running.

Also, may I ask how are you updating this account? Are you using a One Step Update? If so, please try updating using the Account Register > Account Actions gear icon > Update Now.

Do you get a different response using this method to update?

Please let me know!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~

Answers

• eurogenes
    eurogenes Member
    Same with my Fidelity Rewards Visa.
  • eurogenes
    eurogenes Member
    Thanks, Tom. The credit union has always had this extra security step, but Quicken will put up a box asking how I want to receive my code. (email, text, etc.) There is no longer an option given on how to receive the code, just that a security question is needed. This security question is usually only required when I have logged in to the credit union on another device before updating in Quicken or vice-versa, such as updating with Quicken first, then logging in to the credit union.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Accepted Answer
    Hello @eurogenes

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although I apologize that you're experiencing this trouble.

May I ask that you navigate to Help > About Quicken and provide the release that you are currently running.

Also, may I ask how are you updating this account? Are you using a One Step Update? If so, please try updating using the Account Register > Account Actions gear icon > Update Now.

Do you get a different response using this method to update?

Please let me know!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • eurogenes
    eurogenes Member
    Whatever the issue was seems to have worked itself out. Thank you.
This discussion has been closed.