Is it possible to run both Windows and Mac versions on the same MacBook Pro?

I currently have a subscription for Quicken Deluxe 2019 and run the Windows version using Parallels on MacBook Pro. I downloaded the Mac version of Deluxe to the same MacBook. While going through the set up within the Mac version application I was asked for my user name and password. After entering my user name and password a message said the account did not exist. I am able to log onto my account from Quicken.com using the same username and password, but not from within the Mac application version of Quicken. Is it possible to run Quicken Windows on Parallels and Quicken Mac on the same MacBook Pro?

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Yes it's possible.  But you'd still need 2 data files.  The file formats between QMac and QWin aren't interchangeable.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    It certainly is possible.  When you sign into you account on Quicken.com, do you have the Download for Mac indicating your subscription includes Mac?

• kellno
    kellno Member
    Thank you for your response. Yes, I agree with your answer. I am wondering how to do this within the parameters in the comments following my question. ie using my subscription to run both. When I went to Quicken support they said I couldn't sign in (as prompted) within the Mac application because of my ISP and that I would have to change my ISP provider. This didn't sound right.
  • kellno
    kellno Member
    Thanks Sherlock. Yes, I do have both versions available in my subscription. I am able to download it to the Mac OS, but once I open the application it prompts me for my user name and password which it rejects as not valid.
  • thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @kellno ,

You can have both Download for MAC installed and Download for Windows installed in Parallels, on the same computer.

However, until you have Quicken for Mac Data File, registered and set up, I don't think that Quicken for Windows and Parallels application should be Active or open and in Memory.

Remember that your User Name is your complete Email Address, not a Username Handle.
    thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R33.24  USA & Quicken 2017 HBRP R20.6 USA
                       Windows 10 Pro 32 & 64-Bit Build 21390.1010
    also            Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19043.1052

Note: Holding Down the Shift Key or Ctrl Key produces Window with Quicken 2019 in the Title Bar when clicking About Quicken,

View: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7859218/work-with-copies-of-your-actual-quicken-data-files/p1?new=1

• kellno
    kellno Member
    Thank you thecreator

So, it sounds like I can't activate the Mac Version until I have a Mac Data File. How can I create a Mac Data File without a Mac Version?