Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Quicken ID Sign-In Prompt

Comments

• Robert Ralyea
    Robert Ralyea Member ✭✭
    I still see the problem asking for Quicken ID every time I sing in.

R28.24
    Build 2.7.1.28.24
  • Jnic
    Jnic Member ✭✭
    This issue isn't resolved with Rev 24. I cannot sign into Quicken and get access to my data files.

I just spent hours on the phone with customer support, who tried to convince me that there was something my internet provider was doing to prevent my connection from going through since he could not see my attempts to login to the program, but, could see me logging into the website.

I have been able to connect to Quicken for over 10 years with COMCAST and it wasn't until the recent major update to Quicken that this problem started. I really need access to my data and I need to start paying bills. I need Quicken to fully solve this problem!!!!
  • thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R32.12  USA & Quicken 2017 HBRP R20.6 USA
                       Windows 10 Pro 32 & 64-Bit Build 21359.1
    also            Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19042.928

Note: Holding Down the Left Shift Key or Left Ctrl Key produces Window with Quicken 2019 in the Title Bar when click About Quicken,

View: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7859218/work-with-copies-of-your-actual-quicken-data-files/p1?new=1

• Jnic
    Jnic Member ✭✭
    Hi thecreator,

Thanks for getting back to me on this frustrating problem. I had no problems connecting to Quicken prior to the major update and unable to connect afterwards. So, clearly there is a problem on one end of the network connection.

After more time on the phone with Chris, a very helpful support rep, and lots of testing of my home networking configuration I've come to a conclusion. I believe that during the recent system update Quicken must have made some changes to either the protocols, ports or both needed to connect to their servers and that my router's firewall is blocking them.

The reason is; I can connect to the website without a problem, but, not to the App. However, I can connect to the App through a Hotspot or VPN on my network. So, clearly my network configuration is blocking the connection.

Do your or anyone know what those changes are or what I can do to set up my firewall to allow Quicken access without having to go through a VPN? Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
This discussion has been closed.